What I Need....

What I Need....

A Poem by Emily

I need you to listen to me

As Ive listened to you.

I need you to try and understand

instead of judging.

I need you to stop what you are doing.

You listen and then lecture.

You miss the point altogether.

I don't need someone to tell me what I did wrong.
I need someone to tell me it will be all right....

© 2010 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Deep and urgent, a plea that needs to be heard. Very tough stuff you touched on girl. Very well done though. :)


Posted 13 Years Ago


Honest, to the point and very easy to relate to. Many times have I stood upon that rocky shore, debating on wether I should keep standing and listening to what i already know or jump aboard the nearest ship and hope I find a place where people can understand the part inside.

Powerful ink!
Wolfie

Posted 13 Years Ago


I know exactly how you feel! some people don't know when to stop telling us what we did wrong and ur peom seamed to capture that perfectly. i love the lines...
"I don't need someone to tell me what I did wrong.
I need someone to tell me it will be all right...."
great work
alyssa

Posted 14 Years Ago


This is a heartfelt plea to be heard and not judged. I believe all of us have this need for unconditional love which allows us to pour out our heart and know it will be okay and that whatever we confide to someone will not be divulged to others.

Strong emotions flow through this with the need for love and understanding as well as anger in not being really heard. Very well penned.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

230 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 22, 2010
Last Updated on February 22, 2010

Author

Emily
Emily

NY



About
I just realized that I haven't updated my about me in two years. A lot can and has happened in those two years. I am now twenty years old. I haven't gotten through college yet but I plan to. Unfortuna.. more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Emily


Night Musings Night Musings

A Story by Emily



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..