Oh Well

Oh Well

A Story by EmilySMort
"

After an incredibly passionate love affair between two friends, she decides to stop seeing him so she can be with someone else, but he fell in love with her and she does not care.

"
On good days I forget but on bad days I remember... I remember all the things we used to do together and all I can think is: When you're alone, do you think of me? Do you think of all the times I wanted you to be mine? I want to believe that deep down inside that when you love, you love for me, like a never ending dream. I know that you don't, but I still hope for the best. When you sent me off with a kiss I promised to be as strong as I can be, but I haven't slept for days now. Maybe you can get some sleep tonight.
 
Can you hear my heart? It's twisting inside me. I would give anything to make you scream one more time and I'll just smile and pretend I don't feel a thing. Even though that doesn't work for me. 
Oh well. I guess I will see you in hell standing pretty next to satan himself and to think I had such a pretty little picture of us in my head. With the white picket fence and pretentious neighbors, we don't give a f**k about. I'm starting to dream again and I know I'm just wasting time because when you said "this is just for fun" you meant it and yet here I stand with all these strings attached. 
I wish you would just sit still and listen to me, so I could tell you how I took one straight through the heart and it's not easy to talk about. I know this wouldn't last forever, but you made me feel like I could do anything, with my new wings. So now I'll just fly and hope that I remember the good times now that this is done.
The worst part of it is I know I ruined everything, but you see I just couldn't live with myself as I was climbing in the window to get to your bed. Where I would be what you need and you would call me anything, just as long as we remained friends and nothing more. But I wanted more. 
I wish you would sit still and listen to me scream about how you shot me straight through the heart and it's not easy to talk about. Now I know when you smile, that it has nothing to do with me. I'm not the one who watches you sleep and feels you breathe. I have been praying lately, asking God for just a little help with you, but it's hopeless. 
Now I'm not gonna lie this is not the first time I've done this but you really carved into me. Oh and make sure you tell your new "friends" that they don't know you like I do. I don't want it to be over. I want to see you again. I want to feel it again.
If by chance you come back, asking for forgiveness, I'll go and fetch those diamond rings you threw out to sea and I will keep you warm safe in my arms. Until heaven calls, keep holding on. 
But oh well.

© 2016 EmilySMort


Author's Note

EmilySMort
Based off of "Oh Well Oh Well" by Mayday Parade.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on December 27, 2016
Last Updated on December 27, 2016
Tags: lovers, friends with benefits, love, lust, passion, anger, fustration

Author

EmilySMort
EmilySMort

FL



About
Hello my name is Emily and I am a Graphic Designer and Marketing Specialist for a Real Estate Brokerage. I have always enjoyed writing and so this was a way for me to share my writing to an unbiased g.. more..

Writing
Night Night

A Story by EmilySMort


Toxic Toxic

A Story by EmilySMort