The Prospects of an Eternal Earth

The Prospects of an Eternal Earth

A Story by Emily Jarvis
"

A piece of description.

"

The Prospects of an Eternal Earth

 
As the sun rose over the rolling hills, reflecting its beams of light from the elegantly winding rivers and streams that snaked through the fields of the countryside; the small field mice, quietly munching on the freshly growing barley, intently viewed the awakening sun as it’s increasing heat warmed up the brown-covered fields and sparkled in the water. Nearby, unwanted dull-coloured weeds alongside delicate fluorescent yellow buttercups grew in deep trenches and along the banks by the side of the dirt-track road, and they swayed in the gentle breeze created by the flatland; it continued further than the eye could see and created the iridescent effect of many candles; flickering their yellowy flames in the wind and the perfect perfume of life lingered in the morning air.
 
I disturbed the peace, as my silhouette appeared on the dirt-trail, mystery shrouding me and shadow concealing my face. The once busy field mice now grew silent and went into hiding, instinct forcing them to fear the arrival of an unrecognised species – carrying nothing more than a flask and a fold up chair which was bound to my back. This place of such natural beauty appealed to me and as I unfolded my chair like a newspaper and sat down, I gripped the metal flask tightly in my right hand and observed as the image of the tranquil surroundings duplicated as I stared at its shiny surface. The welcoming birds serenaded me, singing sweet songs to their families, providing them with all the ever-lasting love and care they would ever need in their lifetime upon the earth.
 
Here, there were no signs of disruption to nature and its course, adapting animals knew how to survive and how to love; even when rain poured and thunder grumbled and wind roared round the rolling countryside. The taste of foul pollution and smells of man-made fuels were non-existent near these plains; it seemed like a parallel world full of personal perks and preferences that I desired.
 
No place quite such as this exists, it is a dream of what the world should become, possessed with ideas from the Garden of Eden; the earth forgetting the powerful human species’ spoilt ways, engulfing our terrible destiny and foreseen fatal futures and reverting back to the days when nothing else mattered, but the ever-lasting love and care that any being would ever need in their lifetime, upon what we as humans want to be the eternal earth. Silence…

© 2008 Emily Jarvis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What a wonderful composition to read. I commend you on your ability to describe vividly as if one is looking and listening to a movie strip. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

275 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 12, 2008

Author

Emily Jarvis
Emily Jarvis

Norwich, Norfolk, United Kingdom



About
Name: Emily E Jarvis Age:19 more..

Writing
Hidden Hidden

A Poem by Emily Jarvis