Here's A Thought

Here's A Thought

A Poem by Ender Mckenzie
"

(Pre-written) In times I am alone in this world, where even the gust of the wind is in silence, I can't help but ponder a thought.

"
Here's a thought.
I wonder how she's doing.
Does she still pronounce 'Nothing' the way she does?
Oh how her ways are so unorthodox, but just the way I love it.

How are her cats doing?
I sure miss her twin felines. How I miss their cute glares looking at a man they barely know, their claws burying deep in my skin.

Does she still use the gifts I gave her?
Boy, it sure is a lot. Is there a box in her house where all of our stuff is just stored there? I sure hope not.

Here's a thought.
Does she still miss me? On her times such as this one, when it's just her against the world, have I ever crossed her mind? Does she whisper my name along with the gust of the gentle breeze?

Does she even think about me? The memories we forged, the things we've done, the beautiful mess we've made? I reckon not.

Here's a thought.
What about the future?
I still love her.
I always will.
Will she be the same?
Perhaps we'll never know.

© 2016 Ender Mckenzie


Author's Note

Ender Mckenzie
Sorry I've been out for a while. Internet problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on December 6, 2016
Last Updated on December 6, 2016
Tags: Thought, love, hope, wait

Author

Ender Mckenzie
Ender Mckenzie

Philippines



About
A collective of poems and literature I can't post anywhere else. Art about you. Art about us. Art of what we were. Art of what we could have been. Art of what we may be. If you, Nicole, manag.. more..

Writing
Words Words

A Poem by Ender Mckenzie