A Walk In the Sun.

A Walk In the Sun.

A Story by Enigma Monster

Someday the door will swing open. Our eyes will squint from the sudden sun, but we'll be happy and talking, talking and smiling. I'll say it's nice out. You'll say no it's not but at least it's different air. And my smile will widen. 

I dreamt all about you last night and oh it was nice. Nothing happened but oh it was nice. You've trained me so well I don't even dream about fireworks. I'm a firecracker at heart, but you'll never know. It was all about the build-up, the suspense, the moment upon moment leading up to the rest. The anticipation was so good, I wallowed in it. It was better than real, but I don't know how. Maybe it was the way you looked at me, with that darling smile. Playful and taunting. I think I fooled myself. I thought, in my dream, we'd finally get there somehow. 

God you were handsome. So sure of yourself in that unshowy way. You were you, perfectly. And I was as glad as I could be. Happy to be looked at by you, with love in your eyes, touched by your hands, in public, no lies. I'm not sure why others were there, some event, some gathering, we were on our way out so we didn't care. And being at your side, knowing you wanted me above all else, the happiness was good for me. Good for my health. You made me feel ok, in the dream, to be me, wanting you, loving that you wanted me. 

The looks between us, the limited space, the careful touches and your natural grace. Do you know that you have grace? Still so masculine, your arm around my waist, as we maneuvered through people, our sides brushing noticeably. I noticed every touch, every inch of your body, that against mine brushed. We were going, leaving, where? Just away. The journey was the point of the dream. It was heaven and I woke up happy, then sad it was just a dream.

In the dream you were you, and I was me. We were us and we were allowed to be.
I can't wait for the next time I fall asleep. 

© 2016 Enigma Monster


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

So sweet dream...
Perfectly described the dream..
But I wonder how u remembered the whole dream?
I couldnt remember my dreams..

Anyway nice writing :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Enigma Monster

7 Years Ago

Thanks Ashish. It was a very lucid dream, when I woke up it was all right there and I kept thinking .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

244 Views
1 Review
Added on November 5, 2016
Last Updated on December 1, 2016

Author

Enigma Monster
Enigma Monster

Canada



About
Hi. So I've written most of my life, in some form or another. Now it's like an addiction. It's like a drug I have to take sometimes. I think what I'm addicted to is that feeling that comes after you'v.. more..

Writing
Book Book

A Chapter by Enigma Monster


BOOK BOOK

A Book by Enigma Monster