Raine

Raine

A Story by Enox-chan

 "Ready for tonights hunt?" she asked her companions, her dark clothes danced in the night's wind.
 "Of course." the other one replied with a laugh, "This should be fun."
 "I'll start tonight." the other man said standing up. He watched as a figure paced the streets in solitude. Jumping from his perch, he soared silently through the sky. He landed softly behind the man. The victim turned around to see him, cloaked in black clothes and his mask, painted with a screaming face.
 "N-no...Please..." the man stuttered.
 "I'm sorry." the masked one said drawing his sword. With a swift thrust he cut the man's arm.
 "No!" he screamed as he grabbed his arm. He turned around and ran down the street.
 "A feisty one." the other masked man laughed. He and the woman descended to join their colleague in the pursuit. The victim raced into an alley. He was caught.
 "Please..." he said, his eyes filling with tears, "Don't kill me..." He back into the corner.
 "Oh, so you want pity." one of them laughed, his mask resembled the evil smile he wore under it. The woman stepped out toward the man.
 "We know what you've done." she said coldly, "And we are here to end your sins." The man tried to get away, but he was suddenly pinned to the wall. He looked at the knives that held him back.
 "Ah, ah, ah," the smiling one said, "don't try to escape." The man stared in fear at the woman's masked face, painted on her's was a crying face. She held her gun up to him.
 "Do not bother praying," she said, "you are already sentenced to hell." His eyes lit up and his mouth opened to scream, but the scream was replaced with a gunshot.

~

 "He was shot." an older man said inspecting a body.
 "Interesting, any other obvious information you'd like to point out for us, Major." the woman said.
 "Detective!" the major exclaimed, "Lieutenant this is Detective Raine Redd. Raine this is Lieutenant Andrew Burrell."
 "Pleasure to meet you Detective Redd." Burrell said holding out his hand for her to shake it, "Major Joe has told me about you."
 "Right." Raine sighed, ignoring his handshake, "Hollander what's the case?"
 "Ahem, the victim was shot to death, but also had knife wounds." the major explained.
 "Chief." a man said walking up to Raine.
 "Oh, this is Detective Russet Foxx and Detective Grey Skies." she told Burrell.
 "Pleasure to meet you." Grey smiled shaking his hand.
 "Hey." Russet nodded shaking his hand.
 "Now back to the murder."
 Hollander flipped through the pages of his notebook. "We approximated the time of death to be about midnight." he read.
 "Now what in hell was he doing out here that late?" Russet asked, looking at the body.
 "We're not sure yet." Burrell stated, "But we have identified him as Peter Warring."
 "Alright then let's-" she was interrupted by her phone ringing, "Hello, Raine Redd speaking. Again? Where? You don't know? Listen I'm working, can't you just- Fine." she hung up the phone and sighed, sticking it in her pocket.
 "What wrong?" Grey asked.
 "Yearning." Raine sighed.
 "Yearning for what?" the Lieutenant asked.
  "Raine's sister." Russet explained to him.
   "Is she okay?" Burrell asked, inferring the call suggested something had happened to her.
  "She ran away again." Raine muttered pushing her hair out of her eyes.
  "Doesn't she live with you?" he asked.
   Raine glared at him, then walked over to Hollander. "Chief, I need to go find my sister." she told him.
   "Yearning ran away again? Alright go make sure she's okay." he told her, "But try to hurry back." She nodded, running out of the alley.
  "What the hell was that smart a*s?" Russet growled, looking at Burrell.
   "What do you mean?" he asked, puzzled.
   "Yearning is Raine's younger sister. She's a mental patient and she escaped from the hospital again." Grey explained, his calm answer cutting off what would have be a cruel remark by Russet.
  "H-how was I supposed to know?" the Lieutenant stuttered.
   "Well, you don't just ask someone about they're personal life, especially Raine." Russet said angrily.
    "Does Detective Redd have a bad history?" he asked.
     "For your information her parents were murdered and the killer was never found and since she had no relatives she lived in an orphanage until she was 18." Russet snapped, "How's that for bad history you insensitive b*****d?"
  "I'm sorry, I didn't-"
   "Just forget it." Grey smiled, "It's not your fault for not knowing." Then he walked over to talk to Major Hollander.
   "Good thing he let you off easy." Russet muttered, "But if you start spreading rumors or talking bad about his girlfriend, he'll mess you up."
   "Detective Redd and Detective Skies are dating?" the Lieutenant questioned.
   "Damn, you ask alot of questions, but yeah, they are." he answered, "I'm a bit of a third wheel. But enough personal stuff, let's get on with the case. Raine'll be back soon and she'll be pissed if we didn't get anything done."

© 2011 Enox-chan


Author's Note

Enox-chan
Not the best work, I'll write much more, but for now I hope you enjoy my story.
Please feel free to give advice.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's awesome!! X3 The only thing I think you should do is fix the indentations, I'll show you how to put a book together show you can string together the chapters, it makes it easier! X3 Have fun here!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Added on October 24, 2011
Last Updated on October 24, 2011

Author

Enox-chan
Enox-chan

Where you don't live, TX



About
Hi, I'm a young writer on the brink of insanity. My lovely and more talented sister is FlagsOfTheWorld. Most of the time I draw more then I write, but I always have ideas. I love Kingdom Hear.. more..

Writing
Clouds Clouds

A Poem by Enox-chan