PEACE

PEACE

A Story by Dillon Johnson

Two mangled, broken hearts. Each screaming for something to keep them pumping; One, encased in a body that wanted nothing more than to hide from itself. Lungs blackened from misuse. Cheeks sunken in, emaciated from years of malnourishment and tracking down new veins. He yearned to wake up in places unknown, wipe the foam from his mouth and the vomit from his shirt, and delve back into his mind. The other, just having lost a loved one, could not rid her mind of the face that once loved her with every fiber of his being. She believed the death was her own fault, because she could not tip the sleeping body that asphyxiated on its own bile. She experienced many flashbacks everyday. She would scream and cry to the God that she no longer placed her faith in. Asking how he could do something so horrible. She would strike whoever came near because of the power that striked down her father. There's something about how we saw eachother at our worst that brought us closer together.
We fell in love.
After we were both discharged from the institution that stole us from the world, we rose up together. Our love surpassed all mental illness and we tended to the hearts that were, at the start, our downfalls. I no longer pumped my body full of chemicals and the memories that haunted her subsided. We were finally at peace.

© 2017 Dillon Johnson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on June 2, 2017
Last Updated on June 2, 2017

Author

Dillon Johnson
Dillon Johnson

NJ



About
Currently working on an acoustic album, I try to write a poem a day (not all posted) and I'm writing a book about my life as a recovering addict. I make trap music and record aspiring South Philly rap.. more..

Writing
Impact Impact

A Story by Dillon Johnson