Springer Living Up To Expectations

Springer Living Up To Expectations

A Story by Hockeygirl
"

A recap of yesterday's Boston/Toronto Game Four

"
George Springer is living up to the Toronto Blue Jay's expectations.
Springer hit a clutch three run homer in the bottom of the eighth inning in a 9-8 Blue Jay's win over the Boston Red Sox yesterday.

George Springer wins the game for Toronto

""That was amazing how we came back in that game," said Jay's manager, Charlie Montoyo at the postgame press conference.
The Blue Jays ended their home stand  with a 9-2 record.
Corey Dickerson put Toronto up 1-0 in the bottom of the first inning with a RBI double.
J.D. Martinez tied the game at the top of second inning with a RBI double.
Kevin Plawecki and Kiki Hernandez hit RBI singles later in the inning to put the Red Sox ahead 3-1.
Plawecki hit a RBI double at the top of the third inning.
Teoscar Henandez hit a RBI single in the bottom of the third.
Hernandez had another RBI single in the bottom of the seventh inning.
The Red Sox went up 6-2 at the top of the fourth inning when Martinez hit a two run single.
Martinez went four for five and had three RBIs.
Later in the inning Plawecki hit a RBI single.
Plawecki had three hits and three RBIs yesterday.
Down 7-2, Toronto's Vladimir Guerrero Jr. hit a two run homer in the bottom of the fifth inning.
Boston's Bobby Dalbec hit a RBI single at the top of the sixth inning.
Springer had three RBIs.
Jay's starting pitcher, Hyun-Jin Ryu lasted just 3.2 innings, allowing 10 hits, and seven earned runs.
Jay's reliever, Rafael Dolis got the win.
Red Sox's starting pitcher, Garrett Richards pitched five innings and allowed six hits.
Toronto is off today.
The Jays head to Los Angeles to play a three game series with the Angels starting tomorrow night.

© 2021 Hockeygirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on August 9, 2021
Last Updated on August 9, 2021
Tags: MLB, Blue Jays, Red Sox.

Author

Hockeygirl
Hockeygirl

Acton, Canada



About
I am a passionate sports fan that has a diploma in Journalism-Print from Sheridan college more..

Writing