Single Parents in Church

Single Parents in Church

A Story by EriTalks
"

Church we can do better!

"
(Single parents in Church)...May 5,2018





This is a very well known issue that churches don't seem to ever address. Sunday service CHILDCARE PROVIDED! Most single parents as myself get excited like YES I can enjoy the presence of the Lord without the Munchkin asking for her bottle and returning it to me and asking again and returning it to me and asking again, and lastly asking for Yum Yum while distracting and annoying and taking away the sanity in me all at once. I love my baby girl with all my heart but sometimes I just want to socialize!! Can I get an Amen?

Their is single parents and then their is YOUNG SINGLE PARENTS, as myself. Now I know you are probably thinking, don't you have roommates? Dont you talk to anyone at church? Yes and yes. Now let's identify the problem in each.

Theirs only so much you can say to your family and 1 to 2 friends that after awhile theirs nothing new to talk about?! Not to mention you start craving some new human interaction. I am not craving to go to a party but if the Lord would give me the opportunity to then I would go. Church service is great! We both get spiritually fed what could be the problem? Church service ends and I have to pick up my daughter from childcare. NO SOCIALIZE OR REFLECTING AFTER THE SERVICE for single mom.

God knows how depressed I get when I am not able to socialize with anyone. Churches you need to take into consideration your SINGLE PARENTS and give them at least a day dedicated to them like every Friday's. Please this is an urgent request a PLEA for help from a 22 year old single mother. Serve the single parents, we all sin but we deserve the same opportunity to get involved as everyone else. God sees our struggles God sees our hurt in not getting enough support from churches.

With all Love & respect,

A Christian gaL.

© 2018 EriTalks


Author's Note

EriTalks
Ignore grammar problems, don't I have a point? Am I alone on this one?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on May 6, 2018
Last Updated on May 6, 2018
Tags: #Singlemom, Singledad, SingleParent, Christian, The Struggle is Real

Author

EriTalks
EriTalks

CA



About
Hello! 22 year old single Christian moma ready to share some thoughts! more..

Writing