The Cookie of Persistance

The Cookie of Persistance

A Story by Leumas Relwood
"

A short tale of my struggles with eluding delicacies.

"

     I feel hungry for a snack, so I naturally migrate to the kitchen area. My eye catches the faint glimmer of the cookie jar. My predator-esque instincts are triggered and I move in to engage the target. I slowly remove the jar's lid, which has quite a bit of suction on it to preserve its contents. With the top in one hand and several open fingers in the other, I slowly mechanize my hand to enter into the treasure chest, abounding with bounty. Suddenly, I feel a queer disturbance in my entire being as the crane that was supposed to retrieve my prize sank deeper and deeper into the apparently empty jar!

     I must not give up hope, I think persistently but with slight pessimism. Down I reach until my fingers scrape the cold glass bottom of what I had believed to be a fountain of happiness. With a frown on my face and a fracture in my heart, I reluctantly begin the long journey home to search for a more hospitable chamber.  But, to my very pleasant surprise, my right ring-finger knuckle barely kisses a rough surface: there was cookie left in the cookie jar!

     I hastily secure the treat in my fist-- a sound home for any tasty delight--and move it to my mouth with much anticipation. As my lips fasten around the chocolaty mass and my tongue feels the sugar melt at only a light touch, my teeth severe a fragment for my body to annex. Yes, the reward for persistence is magnificent, and the consequence of a fickle mind is Insipid!

© 2013 Leumas Relwood


Author's Note

Leumas Relwood
I was bored one evening...bored AND hungry!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

239 Views
Added on February 22, 2013
Last Updated on February 22, 2013
Tags: cookie, short, fun, imagery, picture, food, kitchen

Author

Leumas Relwood
Leumas Relwood

Thomson, GA



About
I have not quite found out exactly who I am, so I jump from hobby to hobby--from art form to art form--in search of an answer to my greatest question: What am I supposed to do, and how? I have writt.. more..

Writing