The Male Race

The Male Race

A Story by ErinGreenway
"

Realizing that women are just about as close to figuring out men as they are to figuring us out.

"
Alright so I'll admit it, I'm a bit boy crazy. Actually boy crazy might just be a tad of an understatement. Honestly, I cannot remember a time when I haven't had some sort of obsession or drama with one boy or another. It's quite sad in all reality, if not for boy distractions I could be so much more focused on other aspects of life. 
For some reason though, boys are just so very appealing to me, and I'm not only speaking for myself here. Most girls seem to have problems being too infatuated with boys, we just can't help ourselves. Despite having boys do the Mexican cha-cha on our hopes and dreams time and time again, we still go back to them. I can't count how many times I've sworn off boys just to like another one in a couple weeks. It's a never ending, vicious cycle. Males never cease to break our hearts but we always pick up the pieces and try again with the hope that this time it will be different. In the beginning it always seems like it is different, but it never really is. I used to think the coined line in all chick flicks "I thought you were different" was completely cheesy and in no way realistic. After experience though, this mindset is scarily true. All cases are the same, they just have different wrapping around them. 
If girls seem to have this all figured out, then why do we fall for it over and over again? Most would argue that we're desperate, dependent, or needy, but maybe it's just because males are supposed to balance females out. It's no secret that the genders are polar opposites, and don't opposites attract? The stereotypical girl is sensitive and dramatic, and the stereotypical guy is tough and logical. Sometimes the roles can even be reversed. In both points of view, the two balance each other out. This could be the sought out answer to the decade old question of why the genders are attracted to each other. For all we know, while girls complain about males being insensitive, guys could be nagging about over dramatic girls. In fact, they most definitely are. 

© 2014 ErinGreenway


Author's Note

ErinGreenway
Let me know what you liked and what could need some adjustment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on October 14, 2014
Last Updated on October 14, 2014

Author

ErinGreenway
ErinGreenway

About
I'm just a zany chica living the weirdest life imaginable. Okay, maybe not the weirdest(hippies are pretty weird). Writing is my outlet to vent when my friends and family are sick of hearing me run my.. more..

Writing
Now Now

A Poem by ErinGreenway