Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
White Lines

White Lines

A Story by Erin Marie Clukey

White Lines

Walking through those white halls, reminding you of those white lines, rushing through you, hyping you up. You run your fingers over the wooden rails down the hall, and wonder to yourself how many people have held on to these bars when the doctor breaks the news that the person they love are no longer here. Do you close your eyes tight trying to get that thought out of your head? Are you scared? Do you keep walking? Of course you do, because what are you going to do? Their life is in God’s hands at this point. I bet you hold your breath all the way down the hall. You stop at the room you’ve arrived to. You let your breath rush out. Your ice cold breath smells like alcohol. I bet you stood there for a while, contemplating to go in or to walk away like nothing happened. I bet you grabbed that door knob so hard your knuckles showed white, reminding you of those white lines. I bet you felt sick, knowing this was your fault. You turned that knob slowly, all the while holding your breath again. The moment it opens you drop your hands to your side. All hope is lost, your dignity, your plans? Gone. You walk over to me. I’m laying there in that hospital bed. Colorless. Hopeless. I’m cold, with my eyes wide open, never blinking. You study me, as those streams run down your cheeks. Still holding your breath. What were you thinking? Your breath came out in a rush again. You looked at my hands, curled in a ball around the sheets. White lines. Holding on for you. Holding on for life. Life slipped through those sheets, through my fingers. Gone. 

You screamed. 

You knew. 

I’m gone. 

Along with the white lines you offered me. 

© 2013 Erin Marie Clukey


Author's Note

Erin Marie Clukey
This isn't one of my best pieces, but it speaks volumes.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I read this with interest, reading it twice and really enjoying it, thinking how insightful it was...then I read your profile and read how old you are! Amazing! It sounds like it could have been written by someone with many more rings in their tree (if you get me) than yourself. I'm seriously impressed, you got some skills!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Do you happened to have a friend that got sick ? Is this why you wrote this piece ? Very nice Erin very sentimental .

Posted 10 Years Ago


I read this with interest, reading it twice and really enjoying it, thinking how insightful it was...then I read your profile and read how old you are! Amazing! It sounds like it could have been written by someone with many more rings in their tree (if you get me) than yourself. I'm seriously impressed, you got some skills!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are a amazing young writer. You write with purpose create vision and thoughts. I like the use of white lines making me think the words white lies. You said a lot in the short poem. Thank you for sharing the excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What is your best my gosh this is lovely,I found it to be a very deep write wow. Young lady you have a vision filled mind its unreal! I bet you can write some awesome poems cause the 1st write I read I felt that as a poem,but no matter story or poem its a write always:) I hope you don't stop writing cause I see a lot in the words:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Its wonderful! I would love it if you could check out my writing and leave a review to tell me how it is. i may be your first subscriber!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

444 Views
5 Reviews
Added on October 1, 2013
Last Updated on October 2, 2013
Tags: WhiteLines, Drug, Abuse, DrugAbuse

Author

Erin Marie Clukey
Erin Marie Clukey

Yarmouth Maine, ME



About
Hello! My name is Erin. I'm a junior and I really started to fall in love with writing in 8th grade. Mostly short stories and poetry. I'm 16 years old. more..

Writing