Hades' Chaos Will Breach

Hades' Chaos Will Breach

A Story by Erza
"

The two newly weds are enjoying their new beginning life together, and they should since they only have a few days left...

"

I keep pacing back and forth, back and forth. I try to calm myself by staring at the flowers and their many reds, blues, yellows, and varying colors. I turn my head and look the sun and the beautiful rays that are shooting off of it. I pull my eyes towards the pond where two swans are swimming together. I attempt to reassure myself by telling me that ‘You picked the best spot, nothing can go wrong.’ The bushes behind me begin to shake. When I turn I see that it is just a doe. The doe walks up to me, I reach out, and I begin to pet it. 

“You have a peaceful life my friend, what I would give for it.” My heart drops to a normal beating rhythm, and the shaking is lessening.

“Sorry for intruding on your moment on the doe.” I quickly spin around to see Ethria standing there, hands on her hips and a slight smile on her face. The doe ran off at my sudden movement, and now my nerves are starting to get the best of me once more, but it was manageable thanks to the doe.

“Why did you bring me her Seph?” The calm, sweet, yet powerful voice reminds me of what I must do.

“This is where we…where I was supposed to force you to either join us or go to jail…heh…that was so long ago.” She walks over, grabs my hand, and leans her head on my shoulder. I feel both my racing heart slowly begin to quicken even more and the object in my back pocket become more prominent.

“Yeah, so long ago.”  I attempt to remove the object from where it resides.

“And it is because of this place, because of the ways things are going, and because of the possible future, I ask this, even if it goes against me.” Letting go of her hand, I get down on one knee, and open the little box in my hand. I see the shock, joy, and tears in her eyes as she begins to realize what I am about to do.

“Ethria, would you make me the happiest man ever, and be my wife?” My heart is now bursting out of my chest, and my hands and knees are uncontrollably shaking.  The tears in her eyes are beginning streaming out.

‘Oh please…please say yes…please…’ While her hands covered her mouth, the nodding of her head lets me know her answer. She then quickly removes her hands and begins to chant “Yes.”, hypnotizing me. We embrace tightly, slowly fall to the ground, and begin to soak each other’s shoulders with our tears. We sit in blissful silence for what seems hours before it is broken.

“So, not to break the mood, but what are we going to do about your curse?” I look down, then into the distance.

‘The curse…the curse that has caused me and others so much pain, that has kept me from finding true love.’ I remain silent, in deep thought, before giving my response.

“To tell you the truth, I do not know what to do about the vile thing. We will have to get the help of Taka to see if we can remove it. Until then, let us enjoy this moment.

… 5 Days Until Merriment…

            When I wake I find Ethria and I still in the meadow.

‘looks like we fell asleep together.’ seeing her sprawled, blue hair and the calm look on her face makes my heart skip a beat, and reminds me of how lucky I am to be with her. I lay back down with her as to not disturb her and allow her to snuggle up to me. It takes about two or three hours (I usually wake up around six A.M.) before she shows signs of waking up. She sits up, yawns, and stretches, and looks over to see me smiling at her.

“Mourning sleeping beauty, enjoy the sleep?” I say as she fixes her haphazardly placed hair and her clothing.

“Fine, actually. I hope you know that I will get you back for that remark by the way.”

“I know.” I follow her lead and stretch. “Well, we better get going before anyone gets any ideas, or notices us gone for that matter.” We walk out of the meadow and back into Magnolia, the town that we live in. We hold hands, her hand now bearing the engagement ring, and continue to smile as we walk. The warm cold of her hands send my heart and mind off into blinded love that would have made me a babbling fool had it not been for the scream.

“HEY! WAIT UP!” The voice is easily recognizable as our friend.

‘I feel sorry for those who are both near him and in his way.’

 It takes merely a minute for the giant man to get to us from where he stood.

“There you guys *pant, pant* are *pant*.” Cage kneels down to catch his breath.

‘Man, for a guy who can put up some sort of fight, he has no stamina what so ever.” my memory quickly jumps to the first day I met him, coincidently also the first day I was at the guild. Remembering how badly he regretted fighting me the first day brings a smile to my face.

‘Why do I always meet people by fighting them?’

“Where have you two been?!” Cage’s voice snaps me back into reality. “I have been looking for you guys since yesterday!” I look over to Ethria. A smile crosses both of our faces and we both blush.

“Well…We have been busy.”  A quizzical look falls over his face.

“What were you guys doing that took all day and night?”

“Just follow us.” We walk through the crowd, which was easy since most decide to part a way for us due to Cage’s size, for a good ten minutes before we arrive at the house. My heart jumps and begins to fly in my chest at the thought of the house now being ours, not Ethria and I’s. I unlock the door; Cage takes a sit on the chair while Ethria and I sit on the couch.

“Alright,” Cage leans back and folds his arms. “Start explaining.

… 4 Days Until Merriment…

            The crowd at the guild is much bigger than what I imagined it would be. The majority of the guild took up the entire main floor of the guild hall, while the rest begin on the second floor.

‘How many people were in the original guild? Actually…how many children did they have?’ Once more, my heart rate quickens.

“It’s ok.” Ethria grabs my arm as she whispers this in my ear. “You’ll be fine.” I smile at her. I take a few deep breathes before walking out onto the stage. The crowd grows silent.

“Well, I might as well say this before I pass out: Ethria and I are getting married.” The crowd breaks out into a blaring roar. Many walk up to us to congratulate us, look at the ring, and to talk with us. After finding Taka, we grab him and pull him over to a corner to talk to him.

“So what’s up?”

“I need you to remove a curse.” Confusion replaces his happy expression.

“That is more Leo’s thing, but I’ll see what I can do, what is this curse on?”

“I know, but I need you since you can actually look things up. Besides, he CAUSES curse, not removes them.” This was not the first time I requested something of him. In fact, that is how we met. He helped decipher a lost language I had found while out on a missions, and since then we have been talking.

“True, so what is it on?”

“It is on me.” His expression once more changes from confusion to utter disbelief.

“A curse…on you? How did this happen!?” I turn my head away from him.

“I’d rather not say if I can.”

“Well I’m going to need some clarification in order to help.” I look down at the ground, sigh, then look back up at him.

“Then you need to know everything. When I was born, I hardly ever saw my mother…heh…I don’t think I ever saw her to begin with. She was always out on missions to provide us the needed money because she was our only source of cash. I never got to know her personally, but whether I did or not, she was my mother.” I know what was to come from the wet feeling in my eyes and from memory since I have told this story many times. “I was also considered smarter than most kids, a prodigy basically, so I matured as time went by. Later, at about 16, I had discovered that my father was working for an evil guild, Torrus (An evil guild is a guild of mages who do what they want to and breaks the law). I only discovered this a day before a letter came in the mail, a letter stating…a letter saying that my mother was dead.” I stopped for a few a moment before continuing. “It was Torrus that killed her. In a fit of rage, I took everything I owned and my mother’s armor, and went out on my own. A month later I was kidnapped but all I know about that time was a lot of pain…and darkness…” I began to shake at the thought of my imprisonment. Ethria squeezed my hand however, pulling me back into reality. “Anyways, what I assumed what was going on was that they were experimenting on me, trying to…I don’t know, find a way to enhance magic? All I know is that it all went wrong. Originally I had brown eyes, but now they are red. Now every time I fall into deep emotions, any for that manner, I risk releasing a dark side of me, a side that will go on a rampage, killing and destroying anything in my path until I have no magic left. Every time that happens, my eyes grow more red, and I begin to lose some of my sanity. I think I am on the verge of going insane.” I quickly pull a chair over and sit, crying into the palms of my hands, even though nearly all of my tears are already gone. I feel Ethria’s hand on my shoulder, then hear her voice.

“So can you help him?” he remains silent for a minute before responding

“I don’t know, give me the rest of the day and I’ll see what I can find.”

…3 Days Until Merriment….

            *Beep beep beep beep beep *click* I turn over to see Ethria staring at me.

“Mourning Seph. How did you sleep?”

“Just fine.” I say with a smile. Just as I slowly get out of my bed furious knocking falls on the door. I look over to Ethria to see she is just as confused as I am. I walk out of the room and open the door just enough to look outside to see Taka.

“Sephiron! I’ve figured it out!” My eyes widen. I quickly let him in and gesture towards a seat.

“Take a seat, I’ll be back.” I head back into the bedroom to see Ethria sitting up with her shirt hanging loosely around her figure. I blush at the sight, and try my best not to stare as I explain what is going on.

“Quickly, get dressed or fix your…shirt, Taka is here.” Her eyes light up. She quickly fixes her shirt (Thank god), we walk out of the room, and take a seat on the couch.

“Alright, tell us.” He nods his head in conformation.

“I’ll be straight with you, I do not think I can remove the curse; however, I do believe that I can make it to where I can stop it from getting worse, and to where you can control it.” I let out a sigh of relief. I look into Ethria’s eyes and I can tell that she is just has happy as I am.

“Let’s get started then.” We move the furniture, and after half an hour of trial and error on runes, Taka finally finishes the ritual. The runes lift from the ground and fly into me. For the first few minutes, nothing happens, but soon pain follows. I feel the pain coarse through my entire body and soul. I only remain awake for a minute before being engulfed by darkness.

…2 Days Until Merriment…

            I wake in my bed to see the room empty and in darkness. I lift my body out of the bed and walk out into the living room. The furniture is back to normal and the windows are open. Before I could look around anymore my mind is taken over by the wafting smell of bacon and eggs. Poking my head into the kitchen I see Ethria cooking. We finish both making and eating it before we talk.

“So,” she sets her fork down, “when are we planning to have the wedding?” I laugh a little bit before explaining

“Well, I actually have everything planned, all we have to do is buy the materials for it and find you a dress. I have also been setting money away in the bank for a few years for this moment.” She Stares at me in disbelief.

“Wow, you must have been considering this for a long time if you planned this much of it.”

The entire day was spent going from store to store and buying the supplies, ending the day with Ethria going off with her friends to find herself a dress and me heading home. When I flop into bed, my last thought before being engulfed by the darkness was,

‘I can’t wait to see her dress.”

…1 Day Until Merriment….

            I wake up to see Ethria sleeping next to me. Carefully leaving the bed, I take a look at my suit: a black suit with a deep, dark, iridescent blue shirt that you can get lost in paired with a tie that has black, white, red, and metallic blue roses.

‘The big day is tomorrow…all that is the invitations.’ I begin to work on the design on the invitations, leaving the writing for Ethria since her hand writing is better than my chicken scratch. A quarter of the way through the mountain Ethria joins me, grabbing the cup of coffee I made her.

“Mourning. If you want more there is still half a pot of coffee in the kitchen.” She takes a sip and sits next to me before talking to me.

“So what is on the agenda today?” I grab the pile of readymade cards and hand it to her

“You are going to do the writing of the invitations.” By the time we finish the invitations our hand cramps had cramps. We then went around town inviting everyone we wanted to, arriving home at Eight P.M. after a wild goose chase. Despite is still being earlier than when we usually go to bed, we decide to call it a day.

“Next time, we invite less people.” Ethria yawns as she lays in bed.

“Hopefully there will not be a next time.” We fall asleep laughing.

…30 Minutes Until Chaos…

            I was standing under the arch, in my suit, next to the clergy, staring at a hundred faces, in the meadow, scared out of my wits, waiting for Ethria. When the music starts my already racing heart begins to race even faster. When I see her, my heart stops. She is wearing a very light sky blue dress that stopped mid shins, showing her black boots with heels. She is carrying a bouquet of dark purple, red, and blue flowers and wearing long gloves. The very sight of her struck my heart hard and made me forget how to breath. When she arrives as the platform we grab hands and let the clergy go through the normal talk of the marriage, all the way up to the vows.

“Ethria, I would never have imagined for us to go from unknown enemies all the way to close to husband and wife. In the time I have gotten to know you I have fallen deep in love with you, even with my own curse. That just proves how much your beauty, personality, and person has affected me. I now hope that we can close this old chapter of you and I, and start the chapter of us.” I start to place the ring on her finger. Before she can speak, a deep rumble erupts around the land, a rumble that keeps booming, keeps getting stronger, and keeps getting louder, the source being where I stand! I feel the odd rumbling from the inside of me, a rumbling as if something has opened or burst. At first I was just as confused as everyone else, but I soon recognize the feeling…the curse. I look into Ethria’s eyes, quickly pull her in close, and whisper in her ear.

“Get everyone and run” I could tell she wanted to speak, but there was no time for it. I sprint down towards the opposite side of the meadow, but it was too late. Extreme pain engulfed my body, causing me to drop to my hands and knees. The last thing I see is Ethria running at me, and then begin engulfed by darkness

…Chaos…

            I quickly run up to Sephiron, ignore everything else. When I am only a few feet away from him, a giant, dark, ripple shoots of him. After covering my face from the dark wave, I look to see Sephiron now breathing smoothly, but with dark smoke coming off of him. I slowly walk up to him before trying to talk to him

“Sephiron?” no response

“Sephir- *gasp!*” Just as I set my hand on his back, his head whips around, and what I see is no longer Sephiron. What I see is a black, deep, blood red and an evil smile across his face. He slowly gets up, looks at me, lets out a cackle, and tilts his head.

“Ahhhh….it has been so long since I have been out from my cage.” I stare at him, completely lost.

“I bet you think that HE was the real Sephiron, however…

© 2020 Erza


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. I didn't expect the twist at the end. This is one of my favorite stories.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

Stats

43 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on December 8, 2016
Last Updated on April 27, 2020

Author

Erza
Erza

Oklahoma City, OK



About
I'm Just a nobody, yet everyone knows me. Im a somebody, yet no ones notices me. Writing is my voice, and it is the path that I use for anything needed: Entertainment, emotional relieve, Expression, a.. more..

Writing
A Broken Heart A Broken Heart

A Poem by Erza


Blqnk Blqnk

A Chapter by Erza