Three times bachelor

Three times bachelor

A Story by Koudoha Essi Anne-Marie

He’s 28 years old. He just got divorced for the third time. His divorce party seems to be even more fun than all three of his weddings combined. “Why do you even organize a divorce party? That’s such a female thing to do” says his tomboy sister Alex upon arriving at the party. “Well we do need some estrogen and progesterone in this family” he replies with a kiss on her cheeks.

They all look excited. His friends want to toast to his newly found freedom. He is officially proclaimed the “player of the century” he chooses to play along to avoid sympathy. That’s actually the reason he had the party. The party is supposed to tell people that he’s fine, he’s more than happy, and he’s a Casanova; He’s just not a one lady’s man.

Now that all the guests are gone, it’s time to face reality. He hates to clean up. Claire was always cleaning up. That is one of the thousand and one reasons she was perfect for him. But now she’s gone and he has to clean up by himself. This was devastating. He doesn’t know how to keep a woman. How pathetic! He wishes he could get some advice from his father; after all he has been married for 35 years. Alas! His wife just died. It would be cruel to remind him of that.

Cleaning session is over! He proceeds to making himself some steak. After all that smoking and cleaning, he would need some energy. He leaves the steak on the stove and begins to do something else. He is all over the place. He cannot focus. By the time he realizes that he was about to eat, the steak was burnt. Trina’s soothing voice keeps ringing in his ears “on ne peut pas etre au four et au Moulin a la fois bebe.” (That’s French for “one thing at the time”). The French exquisiteness had a way of keeping him focused. How could he let such a remarkable woman leave him?

Turns out Alex was too tired to drive back home, so she was passed out on the couch the whole time and was awoken by the maddening sound of the smoke alarm. Well now he’s going to have to share his little steak with her.

Alex is really fun to hang out with. But he just can’t help but think about his relationship and marriage issues. Alex thinks the burnt steak tastes ok. She also thinks he should wear whatever he feels comfortable in to his job interview the next day. If Liv was here, she would have been telling him exactly what was wrong with the steak, adding every precision possible. She also would have picked out an outfit for him explaining thoroughly why it was perfect for that particular interview. She might have been annoying but she gave some constructive criticism that always came in handy. And she was smart

But he repels women. The only sister he has is undergoing a sex change. He doesn’t have any female figure in his life anymore. And he’s probably never going to have one. “All I really ever wanted was a wonderful woman to spend the rest of my life with” he blurts out sobbing in the middle of Alex’s joke.

Now the two brothers won’t stop crying. Alex doesn’t feel like his hugs are tight enough to make up for not realizing the fact that her brother has been hurting all along. “I’m so sorry Tommy. You are an incredible person and I wish you could know that you have the right to be vulnerable sometimes and not always look tough. I love you and I will always be there for you” At this point she doesn’t know what to say. But she knows one thing. Tommy is not doing good.

© 2015 Koudoha Essi Anne-Marie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on June 6, 2015
Last Updated on June 6, 2015