Deterioration of Intelligence

Deterioration of Intelligence

A Poem by EternalFlame

Slipping. They're slipping, the authority is falling. The young challenged -a slap in the face with a grey glove- but instead of staying within the lines of the "ideal example" they let themselves fall. Exploded with angry words. They tell us to grow-up but how can we if our own role models are so immature themselves? How can we learn if the examples given are too busy trying to keep their authority like unevolved monkeys clinging desperately to their hierarchy? The stress is breaking us all. Inadequate in every way. Having a sense of humor is not the same as being immature why can't these machines see we have to laugh to keep from dying? The kids snicker so they don't cry- so they won't explode. But everyone's blind because they're slipping and the authority is falling. Why look up when you can see how far down you could fall?

© 2012 EternalFlame


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

314 Views
Added on June 4, 2012
Last Updated on October 16, 2012
Tags: education, slipping, falling, school, deteriation, intelligence

Author

EternalFlame
EternalFlame

CA



About
Writing isn't really a huge hobby of mine, I don't aspire to be well known or a "poet" or ever get published. However, when life makes me want to pelt angry porcupines at people; a pen and paper alway.. more..

Writing
Unnamed Unnamed

A Poem by EternalFlame


Who? Who?

A Story by EternalFlame