The battle within Myself

The battle within Myself

A Story by HalfBloodPrincess
"

A short documentary on the life of an anorexic person. By friend of mine who I will label anyonomous wrote this and wanted me to post it on my page.

"

 

Common Anorexia ~ there is all different types of Anorexia Throughout society today .ironically, as concerns grow over the rise in obesity, some people are intent on becoming too thin, sometimes to the point of self-starvation. This Problem is easy to avoid but hard ignoring .Why? Because according to Mayo foundation for medical education this is, not only physical problem but a mental one, which mental problems are harder to recognize because the symptoms are not always as clear as with a physical problem you can see all the symptoms and stop the problem before it gets to serious. Some people, in certain case say “I’ll just do it for a little so I can get to the size I want then I’ll eat again” These people do not realize that I this is not just something that you can stop and start .That is what makes anorexia a serious danger, it is addicting and becomes in control over those who are trying to get control but what people  do not understand is that this is not the way to do it  .Not only is this a problem among females but as well males. The most common cases are with teenage girls between the ages of 12-21, but on the contrary for males its 13-19 the usual awkward ages depending on the male. Some people may be genetically vulnerable to developing anorexia. Young women with a biological sister or mother with an eating disorder are at higher risk, for example, suggesting a possible genetic link. Studies of twins also support that idea. The Media is splashed with images of waif-like models and actors. Success and worth are often equated with being thin. Peer pressure may fuel the desire to be thin, particularly among young girls. However, anorexia and other eating disorders existed centuries ago, suggesting that sociocultural values aren't solely responsible. Although this disorder has been around for centuries its greatest run is in this day and age, Eating disorders often have no voice but are a Hugh problem for the majority of girls and boys today.

 

Words used in code like form thinspiration, Ana buddy, purge, binge.

Signs of anorexia:

Brittle/Discolored nails

Turning down of food

Drastic measures in size

Excessive wear

Lack of emotion of baggy clothing

Thin or frail hair

Mood swings

Shorter menstrual cycle 

Drowsiness’

Dizziness

Pale looking/blotchy skin

 

Now as a part of this experience I’m going to become anorexic for a solid week…

 

 

Day 1: I’ve gotten very hungry, pains in my stomach make it hard to ignore my hunger. I’ve been mood swinging all day and have been extra attitudinal, continuing on in day one I shall see what awaits me in day 2.

 

DAY 2 symptoms I’ve gotten from above: lack of emotion, drowsiness’, dizziness and mood swings.

 

Day3: I’ve become very annoyed easily and still very hungry

 

Day 4: same symptoms every now and then I forget I’m hungry

 

Day 5: almost over I’m so happy and scared

 

Day 6 I’ve begun to like the feeling over hunger its calming

 

Day 7 the very last day although I’m seriously compelled to go longer now…

 

Day 8 I enjoy the feeling of this it’s weird like I’m not there. No new symptoms yet though.

 

 Day 9 today I have seen some action its day 9 and my pants don’t fit

 

Day 10 in addition to my pants my I’ve been looking paler than usual

 

Day 11 my parents are beginning to wonder I almost broke when I had a cracker for lunch, I threw it up.

 

Day 12 yesterday when I had a cracker I felt terrible like I had just killed someone I felt even worst when I threw it up.

 

Day 13 I’m scared… I have NO desire to eat at all…

 

Day 14 I went searching for an “Ana buddy” today I found one waiting for a reply

 

Day 15 my new buddies name is Melissa she is very sweet and has been going for 23 days I’m really…inspired.

 

 

Day 16 I have noticed purple all over my thighs, its bruises I’m bruising easy now

 

Day 17 my nails are beginning to discolor I put on nail polish to hide it

 

Day 18 I fainted for the first time today I was getting dressed and woke up 37 minutes later

 

Day 19 people are beginning to question my eating habits

 

Day 20 as I was brushing my hair a nice big chunk fell out into my comb, I asked Melissa about it and she said the same thing happened to her.

 

Day 21 I’ve been throwing up a lot lately its all white and fluids as there’s nothing in there

 

Day 22 I bought a new foundation to hide the blotchiness of my skin no one can tell

 

Day 23 today me and Melissa are celebrating day 23 the day she was when we met it’s very nice feeling like this high all the time well most of the time

 

Day 24 my hunger has stopped me from sleeping the whole night through I’m so tired

 

Day 25 the only time I get sleep is when I faint

 

Day 26 more hair is gone my nails are practically falling off

 

Day 27 I should have started my period 4 days ago it’s never late I’m beginning to question going any further

 

Day 28 my pants don’t fit I wear belts all the time

But I look great

 

Day 29 I think I’m going crazy but I look great and disgusting at the same time I’m done…

 

 

© 2008 HalfBloodPrincess


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Let me know what you think please, they and myself would love some feedback.
its appreciated.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
1 Review
Added on September 1, 2008

Author

HalfBloodPrincess
HalfBloodPrincess

Bakersfield, CA



About
Writing is a huge part of my life, I love to write mainly fantasy and supernatural mixed in with romance. Big fan of JR Ward and the BDB! series, and pretty much of just reading the genres I like to w.. more..

Writing