Cold And Dark Days

Cold And Dark Days

A Poem by EternityWolf101
"

Just a little quote I thought up of. Yes, it does belong to me.

"

"If somebody can speak for themselves, they have the ability to help others with their problems. It is the true way to show that the heart is still beating in these cold and dark days. Sadly, this action is never practiced throughout current society as much as it should be. Is it really so bad to speak up?"

- Joel Widow
2009


Tell me what you think about this quote.

© 2012 EternityWolf101


Author's Note

EternityWolf101
Please tell me what you think about this quote. I want people to tell me how they interpret it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Interesting quote. Perhaps people don't speak up because of fear? Fear holds us back from accomplishing many things, even from helping others. Our hearts beat faster when we are afraid. Sometimes is it good to feel the fear and feel our hearts beating, for it is proof that at some level, we are still alive and kicking. Helping others makes the heart stronger. Thanks for the thought-provoking quote.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I am well aware of the metaphor intended and used by EternityWolf, I meant that not everyone is hearless. I know very well about metaphors, similes and such, I use them very often.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Jown, hearts dont beat is referred to one being heartless, as a writer when you read, you between the lines because sometimes what is written means something else. Sarcasm, metaphor and mockery is used here to potray the truth or quote

Posted 11 Years Ago


It tells me that hearts don't beat in these cold and dark days. However, hearts do, and some do help others with their problems, I am merely interepereting what your quote is saying, perhaps it would be good to add in a sentace or so regarding those, few though they may be, who do try to help others. Anyway, It can also suggest that people can't speak for themsleves, which, of course, is not what you meant, and is not true, so perhaps adding in a couple words to rule out that possibility would help to strengthen the message. It is a sort of challenge to speak up and help others, and I like it. It's good, but I think it could be imporved by adding in what I have previously suggested, and possibly also by presenting, from the perspectives of those who need help but don't recieve it, the consequences of not helping others, and pointing out from different angles how it can badly affect those who don't help, and how it can greatly affect, in desirable ways, those who help, and those who are helped. Overall, though, I think it has a strong, good meaning, and makes a needed point, however, it depends on who you're trying to reach. The majority selfish, who help only themselves and squash others underfoot, need much more than what you have written here, and, indeed, more than I have suggested, to truly affect them in a lasting way. However, there are those who are not necessarily extremely selfish like those I have previously mentioned, and who still do not help, just because of not thinking about it, and I think that this could make a point to them, though I think you may wish to add counterarguements to whatever reasons those people may have for not helping. However, I did like it, and, as it was just a small quote, it was strong for its size. I intend to look at more of your work, and look forward to what I may find.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

351 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 22, 2012
Last Updated on May 22, 2012
Tags: cold, and, dark, days, poem, poetry, quote, help, others, speak, for, themselves

Author

EternityWolf101
EternityWolf101

Lowell, IN



About
Hello, my name is Jeremy Williams. I'm a 16-year-old teenager in Lowell, Indiana and I love reading and writing. Short and simple response to what type of person I am. Reading and writing has been a p.. more..

Writing