Mary's Story (Traitor, Traitor short) Part One

Mary's Story (Traitor, Traitor short) Part One

A Story by EthanLongray
"

Mary had her own share of adventures before Ethan came along....

"

Forward: I know this isn't too professional, but this is my first story on WritersCafe. I've already made a book, Traitor, Traitor, for sale on Amazon for 5 bucks, and even less for Amazon Kindle. If any of this story isn't making sense, I suggest you see the book. Simply type in Traitor, Traitor on Amazon books. If you can't find it, comment on either my Wattpad, or Devianart, suggesting you need the link.

Okay, done with the ads. On with Mary's story!




Hello, I'm Mary Martinez, and I wasn't prepared to do this. For anyone who's seen Ethan's story, this will be back round info or you. If you haven't see this, then check his out. It's much better then mine.


Anyway, I'm in the mortal world, as a mortal to begin this story. I don't have my powers, or general intelligence. All I had was my family. More specifically, my sister Rosella.We lived in Florida, in an apartment barely enough for the two of us. My mom had died from drug overdose, and my dad threw us in adoption. 

We ran away, only to grow up, gain the apartment, and become general citizens.

My sister was older then me, and I looked to her for guidance. Feisty and protective, she guarded me like her lifeline, and I trusted her, until that faithful day.

She had left in a hurry that day, leaving me alone for the first time. I had a pistol, so I was able to defend myself. Burglars often raided our building, so my sister had told me to open the door when she spoke the word tacos. No, I don't know why she chose that word. Thanks for asking.

Alone and scared, I clutched to the only weapon we owned as a pair. Every half hour or so, a banging noise like a gun sounded, scaring me out of my wits. I was used to Rosella being near me, and now I was vulnerable to anything.

Rosella came back an hour after the last gunshot faded, and I heard her grunt as she pounded on the door. Without waiting for the password, she let herself in. I cursed, forgetting that she had one. Why had we made a password if she could let herself in?

"We need to go, Mary. Now." Rosella sounded anxious. "Why, Rose?" I didn't usually question orders, but this time, I did.

"It's about a place, an island called Nonir. Come on, let's go!" Rosella started packing things up, quickly, stumbling over our few possessions.

"Someone fed you a story, Rose. It isn't real." I try to say to her, but she's out the door. I race after her. Whoever told her this story must have lost their minds. I wanted to kill that person. They had stolen the sister I loved very much, and she had been gone all day to hear about this place. 

I found her on the roof, and she was sobbing. I walked forward to comfort her, and she snapped at me, "If you don't come with me, then I'll jump!" Taken aback, I say nothing. If I do, she might do it.

We are pretty high up, so I take her warning seriously. "Rose, what did this person tell you?" I tried. "He told me it was a safe haven, and you didn't need money to get in. He said he saw something in me, something he doesn't see in regular mortals. He told me to get you, and we would leave for this place.

Wow. Whoever made this up, they seriously fooled my sister. "But he told me if we didn't meet him, things were going to come after us... Monsters." I resisted the urge to laugh. I remembered when I was five, Rosella telling me there was no such thing as monsters.

"Do you know it actually exists?"

"No, but it's hard to make up. He showed me his powers, Mary. I couldn't believe it, then he told me we might have some, too."

"Load of nothing. He just pulled some magic trick on you. Did he pull a quarter out of your ear?

"Mary, I know you want to believe me. Please."

"I want to see proof, Rose."

"I'll jump, just say you believe me."

"NO!" I screamed. "I DON"T BELIEVE YOU!" Rosella started crying, and very slowly, walked toward the edge. I would have stopped her, but I was interrupted by a bang coming from below. Maybe a robber, some criminal or maybe just a random lost pizza delivery?

Then, it came up the stairs. It took in the scene, and I was in too much shock to register with what it was. I only heard what he said, and it was, "Hello, you two. It's time to die!"

© 2017 EthanLongray


Author's Note

EthanLongray
Its actually my first short, and if you like it I'll do a part TWO!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on August 16, 2017
Last Updated on August 16, 2017
Tags: Traitor, Mary, Ethan, EthanLongray

Author

EthanLongray
EthanLongray

About
I write novels like Traitor, Traitor on Amazon more..