Ephemeral Ellipses

Ephemeral Ellipses

A Story by EthanxDunning
"

Lost in another's orbit.

"

“Everyone I know is an a*****e. Well, not really. There are some exceptions. Some exceptional exceptions. But I know I’m an a*****e too, like, a closeted one. It might take one to know one, or maybe no one takes the time to consider what a dick move what they’ve just done is. The insults that fill my head are disgusting in number, even though I rarely speak them. And by rarely I’m aware I sound like I’m trying to make myself sound better, but if anything, I think that makes it sound worse. Who really cares, though. How draped in awful we are? I haven’t killed anyone on a whim,”

She tossed a long glance towards Mars and shifted slightly towards me, dragged her gaze around the room pale and meticulous. Her eyes reminded me of a wild dog I’d seen once. At the gate of a strangers house, when I was around twelve. It was still and flashed no teeth or snarl, but there was something in its eye that made me more terrified than any fangs I’d seen or been bared. Eyes that held threat greater than what a trespass or transgression could entail. It was the glare that scared me, that stare of wild untameablity.

“I’m assuming you haven’t either.” She added flatly.

There are souls, people, things, that come unnaturally unhinged into the world. Rain or leash, love or pregnancy - merely weights to tie them down and keep them grounded to the Earth. Keep them steady, focused, but only temporarily. Some eyes have a fire that fights quietly, some lives have life that opposes gravity.

“Although you’d definitely be more interesting if you did.”

My feet felt lighter.

© 2015 EthanxDunning


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

81 Views
Added on July 14, 2015
Last Updated on July 14, 2015
Tags: prose, fiction, short story, woman, women, unhinged

Author

EthanxDunning
EthanxDunning

About
Pauca Bestia Infirma more..