Bathroom Converations

Bathroom Converations

A Story by Eve A.
"

It's just about teenage girls from different groups who find a common interest in writing on the bathroom wall, and they find out they aren't different at a..

"

Chapter 1.

 

 “Maggie, I told you get me the diet coke, obviously you know I don’t drink regular coke, you are so useless” said Chloe as she stared furiously at Maggie, “I’m so tired of you sometimes you mess everything up!” Chloe opens the coke and spills it right on Maggie’s white pants, and Maggie cries, “ Next time get it right, actually there won’t be a next time”, Chloe gets up and bumps into Peyton, “Watch it four eyes, you almost spilled your peasant food all over my new boots, look it cost more than your pathetic outfit from bargain basement” Chloe said. A small tear formed in Peyton’s eyes and all she could say was “Sorry” silently, “ Sorry isn’t going to cut it, next time I will humiliate you. AGAIN Forest Gump”, Chloe swiftly walks to the bathroom, and looks in the mirror and cries, “Why am I so fat, I barely eat anything, why can’t I look like Cara, why can’t I be like Cara”, She runs into a stall and knees down and starts to puke, she pukes and pukes until she can’t anymore, no mater how much she does this she always feels exactly the same afterwards, she gets tired sometimes but she wants to be skinny so badly, she weights one hundred and ten pounds, but feels so fat. She gets up and looks at the stall and sees the writing, “I’m so tired of everyone and everything, why can’t I be myself.” she grabs a pen and writes, “I’m tired of not being skinny enough, or perfect enough” and she opens the stall and walks out and bumps into Peyton again on her way out, “Move it!” she screams.

Peyton looks in the room and takes off her glasses, weirdly she doesn’t need glasses but she wears these fake ones so people take her more seriously, but it hasn’t worked so far because people still call her Forest Gump, she hated that night. She hated everything about it and tried so hard to block out the memory but some memories are too significant in your life to block because they made you who you are �" or in Peyton’s case they made her Forest Gump. It was homecoming night, the most mysterious bad boy in school River Viper asked her to homecoming, with a name like that he sounded unreal, but he was realer than anything she dreamed of, and she wondered why he asked her out and she was suspicious at first but she let her guard down, which she shouldn’t have. She bought a peach dress that complimented her brown eyes that resembles almonds, her parents could stop smiling they even told her, “ We were starting to think you wouldn’t never get married and live with ten cats in a house full of spiders and dust”, Peyton cut off her dad mid-sentence,

“Okay, Dad I get it, I get it!” Her parents laughed. A couple minutes later, River pulled up in his red mustang, a car made for the typical high school boy, he walked up and presented me with a corsage, it matched my eyes. I thought to myself wow he pays attention to detail. I say bye to my mom and dad and head into his car, he looks at me and smiles, and tells me I look beautiful, and at that very moment I knew everything was going to be alright because I was Cinderella, the Hilary Duff version obviously. We get to homecoming and everyone is dancing and having a good time, River asks me If I want a drink and I say yes but honestly I didn’t want him to leave my side, I wait for a couple minutes and I don’t see him, Suddenly Chloe Blackwell walks up to her, “So, you thought River would be interested in you, you theater geek reject” She said. At that very moment Peyton turned red and all she could say was, “H-h-he is the one who asked me”, She sturred, “And why do you think that is, because this was all a joke, you are a joke”, Chloe said.

That very moment Peyton felt like running, running far away, she felt like going to Mars, maybe the aliens wouldn’t be so cruel. So that’s exactly what she did, she ran, but not to mars, she ran to the old playground, she blocked out the world as she ran and blocked out everyone’s words, what she didn’t know was River was chasing after her, but she was too hurt to reply back. Everyone was taunting her screaming behind her “RUN FOREST RUN” and she ran all the way home.

Peyton washes her face with the cold bathroom water and snaps herself back into reality, she hates when she daydreams like that. She goes into the stall and cries, she looks up, and she sees the words, “I’m tired of not being skinny enough or perfect enough”, so she grabs a marker and writes, “It’s better than being noticed everywhere you go, not because you are beautiful but because you are hideous”, She grabs her bag and walks out with her head down, because these days she rather be not noticed than noticed.

“So, Mr. Brock was all like Casey you couldn’t question my authority I am the teacher and you am the student. Daphne are you listening?” Daphne these days couldn’t stand constant talking, from her parents and from her friends sometimes she wouldn’t to tell everyone shut up for life please, “Yeah! Of course I’m listening”, Said Daphne with a plastered smile.

“He’s such a sexist, he gets so intimidated when girls challenge him” Said Daphne,

“Yeah! Well see you later Daph! After school right?” Said Casey

“Sorry not today, I’m busy again” Said Daphne

“Secret date again, stop holding out” Said Casey with a giggle

“I wish, I wish, more like a death date” Said Daphne as she walked away. Daphne walks into the bathroom and looks in the mirror, “So many dark marks, I haven’t slept since Jesus died I swear, all these tests. I can’t take it”, She walks into the stall and looks at the wall and sees the words, “It’s better than being noticed everywhere you go, not because you are beautiful but because you are hideous”, she knew that feeling all too well, Ever since last year it’s all people did, whisper about her everywhere she went like she was a freak of nature, so she grabbed a marker and wrote “ I wish people didn’t know, I wish It never happened, I wish I wasn’t there, I just want to be at peace”, and so she grabbed her books and walked out to her car and drove to Grove Park hospital, she drove there everyday, people didn’t know, not even her parents. She never even told her friends, because people already knew enough.

 “Hello Ms. Bradford! Welcome back, Just sign in”, Said the receptionist. She knew this feeling all too well, she grabbed the pen and signed her name and grabbed a couple chocolates they put on the table, and she walked to room three zero four.

“Hey stranger! You know it’s 2013 and Green Day hasn’t released an album yet!” She said as she sat down in the sit next to the hospital bed, she put a chocolate next to the table; she put it next to the other one hundred and sixteen chocolates she had put there.

“You aren’t missing much at all, Scott Disick isn’t president yet either, your family misses you, and so do I. I scored an A+ on my math test today, remember when you said I couldn’t do it, well I did for you. I know this isn’t interesting but someone wrote something on the bathroom stall today that kind of reminded me of me, I forgot what it was but I don’t know why I remember this but I just did. Remember that time it was snowing and you slid all the way to my house and nearly had frost bite, and I was so worried, I worry a lot you know, even though we were eight, I was worried your fingers might all freeze off, but they didn’t cause we drank hot coca right after, I think that was the best time we ever had, or when you went to Disney world and you won that huge goofy toy and you told me how you always wanted it, so you kept it, but later that night I found it in my room, and man I got the chills like I felt like Edward or Jacob sneaked into my room Twilight style and put it there, I still have that Goofy toy to this day, and it hangs proudly in my room. I talk so much but you are the only person who listens, but of course you can’t talk. But it’s nice”. Daphne gets up and grabs his hand.

“I hope you wake up soon Hollis, I need you again! I’ll be graduating soon, and I doubt I’ll get into Princeton” Daphne walks out and closes the lights, and cries.

“Perfect pyramid team!!! PERFECT PYRAMIND!” Cara screams. You could see the veins popping out of my head. “Okay, break time!” She screams.

She walks to the bathroom with some force and pushes the bathroom door forcefully,

“I’m so tired of tired of cheerleading, and I’m so tired of the people, this is all so useless, why do I do it, oh yeah cause everyone expects me to do it” She storms into a stall, “I can’t do this anymore honestly, I have no passion for it”, She looks up and sees an abundance of writing on the stall, she looks at one familiar one, the one she started that said, “I’m so tired of everyone and everything, why can’t I be myself”, and she saw others and she understood what they said because she felt the same so she picked up her marker again and wrote, “Who do you want to be? Have you ever felt like you were suppose to be someone else?”

Cara bumps into Daphne as she leaves the bathroom

“Hey! I haven’t seen you in forever Daphne!” Said Cara,

“I haven’t seen you either!” Said Daphne

“How’s life been treating you?” Asked Cara, but she quickly wanted to take that back.

“The usual, stares and whispers” Said Daphne

“I’m sorry” Said Cara

“It’s not your fault, but thanks” Said Daphne as she stumbled into the stall. She was tired of everyone treating her with sympathy; she was tired of the glares and the looks, why couldn’t everything be normal again. She cried because that’s all she knew how to do lately.

.

 

 

© 2013 Eve A.


Author's Note

Eve A.
I'm not sure If I should continue or not, give me feedback about your thoughts about it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow.....

great work

i really enjoyed this.

I'm new on here, so it would be an honour if you could review some of my poems!

Posted 6 Years Ago


I love your overall idea of the girls finding commonality writing on the bathroom wall. In the first paragraph, I personally think nobody would be getting a drink for someone that mean to her. I do think the "bargain basement" comment would work if the one character spilled her own drink on the other. I think these two sharing less of a relationship outside of adding to the writing on the wall would be more effective. Also, I did not understand where anyone was in Rm 304. Whether you consider my comments or not, I hope you WILL continue.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 13, 2013
Last Updated on February 13, 2013

Author

Eve A.
Eve A.

MD