Graduation Speech

Graduation Speech

A Story by Evershine
"

I wrote this off of a whim, a graduation speech, I have come to realize I enjoy writing them. :)

"

Life is complicated; and in it are obstacles, like school. School is a place where they train and prepare you for your life to come, whether you’re a world class artist, a scientist, or a criminal serving your sentence in jail. And even if some people look at school as someplace to keep us from getting us in trouble and you’d rather be somewhere else. It helps you, How would you get a good and stable job without going to college? And how on Earth would you get into college without learning first in school. Trust me, it would be bad if we took away everything you’ve learned in school and sent ourselves off to do some unbearable work who knows where.                             

Overall, school is a journey; it has its peaks and valleys, but we all get through it, together. Now that journey through school has lead us to a cliff, and we all have two options: to fall or to jump. I am ready to jump, but I have one final request, for you to hold my hand when we do.

And you know what? There are going to be plenty of people at the bottom waiting to catch you, and you have to embrace that and choose whose arms to land in. Life can have its hard falls, I admit that; but we have to get back up and stand our ground, even if they try to defy us, because if you try, just try; no one can stop you from fulfilling your goals and dreams. I believe in you; and so does everyone else in this room, but now you must believe in yourself. And maybe, just maybe, you’ll learn to spread your wings and soar. And when you’re ready, we’ll lead you through your hardships and pains into the light. So remember, keep moving forward and hold my hand tight, it’s time to jump.

© 2011 Evershine


Author's Note

Evershine
Please review:) Meant to be spoken so if it sounds weird (like a badly phrased story or whatever) try saying it outloud. Thanks:)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
Added on October 9, 2011
Last Updated on October 9, 2011

Author

Evershine
Evershine

Virginia Beach, VA



About
Def. of Evershine: A light that refuses to go out. Hi I'm Evershine. I love to write and I am working on a novel at the moment. I hope you like my writings and can't wait to see yours!!! :) .. more..

Writing
Fear Fear

A Poem by Evershine


Unshakable Unshakable

A Poem by Evershine