Post apocalyptic (PROJECT)

Post apocalyptic (PROJECT)

A Story by EwinNyten123
"

Sibling a brother and a sister who are traveling after a international tragedy.

"

It seemed as if it were just yesterday my sister Tammy and I were just getting out of the car moving to the new house. We never knew it would lead to this. No the amount of time we have spent out here in the cold was too long. Tammy has gone out fishing while i have set out traps. While i was setting things up we ran into each other. “Wow we have adjusted to this very fast haven’t we” said Tammy “Well coming from an inland location does have it’s perks” said Josh. “Well yeah i just never thought we would actually use dad’s old boring camping trips.” “Well dad’s boring trips is what has kept us alive this long hasn’t it”. Josh said as he chuckled.



It was dawn and I was cooking. Tammy had been taking a rest after all she was awake all day fishing. After a while though i started to sense the smell of something peculiar. It was something I have definitely smelled before but not many times. Sort of the stench of urine and vomit. I had no other choice but to investigate I grabbed the gun we got from a raid we did at the abandoned store we found two weeks earlier and headed towards the smell. I went slow thinking it might be another man just sneaking around who may have soiled himself. I heard a grunt, maybe he is drunk and sleeping. I heard another grunt and a snore so I was sure it was sleeping. When i reached it my heart dropped when i realized what it was. It was brown, big, with claws so big one swipe and I would drop dead at that moment I was sure it was a bear that might’ve been sick. The animal lover in me wanted to help but the realist in me didn’t want to get hurt. But out of pure idiocy I decided i had to leave some fish at least. I grabbed a couple and went close making sure to be as quiet as humanly possible to not spook the bear. But even that didn’t work. It got up and with it, his claws came bursting towards my face out of fear my flight instincts popped up and for a while i was stupid enough to think I can outrun a brown bear. But no he jumped right on me scratching I knew this would be my last few seconds alive. As I was at the pinnacle death and preparing for the final blow. I hear footsteps and the c**k of a gun. Tammy shoots the bear in the heart with the shotgun although not killing it giving us time to run was good enough. “ Get up!” said Tammy in distress. “I… I can’t” I said as blood rushed out of my mouth. Tammy picked me up well at least as much as she could sprinting to the lighthouse. The door was locked but out in the corner the bear was limping to us ready for a second round.


We had no idea what to do she remembered the gun I had in my holster she grabbed it cocked it pointed it at the glass and shot it to unlock the door. She opened it picked me up and we ran to the top as fast as we could. By the time we were up there we were certain the bear was gone so we decided to look outside the window. “It’s gone” Tammy said in panic.”What is” I said. “Everything. Every single thing is gone!” said Tammy. “We are going to die up here”. “No we aren’t” “ Yes we are! The bears took everything all of our food  that was our food for the entire year!” “And the rest will be taken by raiders.”

We'd lost hope.


© 2017 EwinNyten123


Author's Note

EwinNyten123
How is the dialogue. Did i stick to the genre. Was it to slow paced.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

71 Views
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 20, 2017
Tags: Post apocalyptic, Sibling, Nature, Adventure

Author

EwinNyten123
EwinNyten123

CA



About
Hello I am a young man who is an aspiring writer. I have found it was the one of the few activities I enjoy. I came here to ask for constructive criticism. Please just tell me the bad parts and good .. more..