Nylander Gets First NHL Hat-Trick As Leafs End Three Game Losing Skid

Nylander Gets First NHL Hat-Trick As Leafs End Three Game Losing Skid

A Story by Ellen Piehl
"

A review of last night's Leafs/Bruins game

"

I was on the edge of my seat last night, watching the Toronto Maple Leafs defeat the Boston Bruins

The Bruins opened the scoring in the first period.

At 11:15 of the first (period), William Nylander tied the game 1-1, but he wasn't done.

James Van Riemsdyk put the Leafs ahead in the second period 2-1 and that's when the Toronto went on a scoring spree.

Nylander scored the third, fourth goal and recorded his first NHL hat-trick.

It seemed as if the Leafs had the game under their control, but no.

Just as the Leafs have been doing all season, the team allowed the Bruins to come back from a three goal deficit.

The Bruins scored three quick goals before the end of the second to make it 4-3 for the Leafs.

In the third, just as I feared, the Leafs played really sloppy in their end of the ice.  As a result, the Bruins scored the tying goal.

After the goal was scored, I hoped that the Leafs were going to get out of regulation and secure a single point.

However, the Leafs surprised me.

Connor Brown put the Leafs ahead 5-4.

With just a few minutes to go, the Bruins tied the game again on the power play.

Just when I thought the game was going into overtime, something happened.

Van Riemsdyk scored his second goal of the game to put the Leafs ahead 6-5.

The Bruins pressed hard with extra attacker to tie the game, but the Leafs prevailed and ended their three game losing skid.

The Leafs host the New York Islanders tomorrow night.

(far right) Leaf's William Nylander recorded his first NHL hat-trick in a 6-5 Toronto win against the Bruins last night.

© 2017 Ellen Piehl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

116 Views
Added on February 5, 2017
Last Updated on February 5, 2017
Tags: NHL, Leafs, Bruins