Distant Star

Distant Star

A Poem by Not enough words on the planet...
"

One moment I was star gazing the next, I was off in the closest thing someone could get to a perfect world...until morning light.

"

Distant Star

A distant star, shining so bright, is all that lights my way this night.

The faint words “I wish” and one blown kiss are sent to the distant star I mourn and miss…

Here I am, dancing in the moonlight, wishing for the distant star to send me the man I love this fateful night.


My boots clatter and ripples stir as I step upon the moonlit dock…

I gaze long and hard at my reflection in the water, just like all other nights it’s waiting there; in my line of sight...the only thing to light my way this night…

The distant star shining so bright, lurking just within my line of sight.

I look up at the distant star and close my eyes, just as always a part of me wonders why, but still; I turn to the sky…


I smile at the moon and the soft chant “I wish” escapes my lips three times over as I pray to the distant star; still ever wishing someone will come to heal my scars…

After pleading with the star for so many nights, it has finally sent me someone to hold; just for this night…


I smile at him and blow a kiss to the distant star, for finding true love is so very hard…

In that moment I close my eyes and let this man pull me close as he changes both of our lives, maybe fate will finally be able to put down it’s knives; for it is amazing the freedom true love buys.


As I feel the secrets and lies get washed away I lean towards the man that will be my one true and lost love, come the day.

Knowing our time is fleeting we close our eyes…


We make love in the moonlight, the distant star watching over me; just as it has my entire life…maybe for once it doesn’t have to be a fateful night…so long as I can see the distant stars shining light...

6/20/2016

© 2016 Not enough words on the planet...


Author's Note

Not enough words on the planet...
let me know what you thought...;D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on June 21, 2016
Last Updated on June 21, 2016

Author

Not enough words on the planet...
Not enough words on the planet...

TN



About
I live in Tennessee, I love to write, I'm a photographer, I love animals, I want to see what the world thinks of my work. ;} more..

Writing