Goodbye

Goodbye

A Story by Fadra93
"

Two lovers saying farewell.

"

“I love you,” Shiro said, gently stroking Danya’s hair. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes, shaking her head.

                “Don’t go,” she said, her voice catching as a tear rolled down her frosty cheeks. Shiro only looked away, his lips tight. Danya let out a shuddered breath. She placed two fingers on the back of his neck and pulled him towards her. Their lips touched softly, but the contact was broken as Danya’s lower lip trembled. She shut her eyes and sobbed, burying her face into his shoulder. She willed herself to stop crying, but when Shiro wrapped his arms around her, she lost it again. They stood silently in the forest, the only sound being orange and golden leaves fluttering around them in the chilled breeze.

                “Danya,” he said with apprehention, “you know I wouldn’t go if I had a choice.” Danya glared up at him, tears streaming down her face.

                “No, now you don’t” she said loudly, her fists clenched. She broke free from his grasp and stood before him, her eyes swimming with betrayal.

                “But you did! You chose to devote your life to this sick serial killer! But then you chose to get to know me! And you…” she let out a ragged breath, “you let me know you.”

                “Dan-“ he started.

                “You chose to love me,” she said softly, her shoulders drooping and his fingers going lax. Fresh tears crashed on the leaves below as her head bowed. Shiro blinked away tears and looked away from her stricken  face.

© 2012 Fadra93


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on December 13, 2012
Last Updated on December 13, 2012

Author

Fadra93
Fadra93

About
Writing short stories is a hobby for me, I can never get far enough in to create a novel. Though I do occasionally try. As I am right now. I'll never tell you my age, though my writing, and .. more..

Writing
Them Them

A Story by Fadra93


Dinner for Two Dinner for Two

A Story by Fadra93