Colors

Colors

A Poem by Fae
"

Poem about colors

"
Color is what I needed most growing up in a world of just red. Red is what happened when she hit me for being too slow. Red is what I saw when he touched me. Red is what I felt when nobody believed me. Red is what I feel when everybody told me I didn't matter. Red is what I saw when she left me for her boyfriends when she was the only person I had. And then when I met you, I saw pink. I saw blue, and purple, and orange, and every color imaginable. The first time I saw you I felt pink. I was embarrassed that I didn't know what to say. I was lost when I looked into your eyes for the first time. I saw blue when I thought about how pretty the sky looked for the first time with you by my side at the lake. I saw grey when I thought of how it was going to end and I'd go back to the forever red that was my life. I saw purple when you kissed me. I thought of purple fireworks and purple wallpapers to recolor the walls of my plain heart. Purple is what I think of when I see you. Because purple is just a color to others, but when I see you it's the most special color. Because it's what I see when I'm with you. Because you were dark and when you mixed with my red we became purple. We helped heal each other with silly laughters over jokes that made us roll our eyes. I think of orange when I see the shirt you gave me of yours. It looked so much better on your beauty than it did on my pale comparison. You are the color in my red world.

© 2018 Fae


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

72 Views
Added on January 20, 2018
Last Updated on January 20, 2018
Tags: Poem, love, feelings

Author

Fae
Fae

Writing
Weather patterns Weather patterns

A Poem by Fae