Radio Free Connecticut (A Part 15 Radio Station)'s Broadcasting "Manifesto"

Radio Free Connecticut (A Part 15 Radio Station)'s Broadcasting "Manifesto"

A Poem by Matt B

Radio Free Connecticut strongly believes in the First Amendment rights of free speech and free expression.  We also believe that the radio and television airwaves belong not to the government, but the American people.  

The preamble to the Declaration of Independence says that certain truths "are self-evident", and need no explanation.  It further states that everyone has certain "unalienable" rights; that is, rights that cannot be taken away.  "Among these (rights) are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness" (Preamble, Declaration of Independence)  

Radio Free Connecticut believes that the current system of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) enforcement infringes on these rights.  If a broadcaster is not intentionally interfering with any other station, and not encouraging or promoting violence, it is our opinion that the broadcaster should be left to operate as they see fit (even if they don't have a license to broadcast).  Frankly, Radio Free Connecticut feels that this type of operation harms nobody, and may even help local communities.  

In addition, Radio Free Connecticut strongly supports the Fourth Amendment's protection against unreasonable search and seizure.  The Amendment itself reads:

"The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized" (Fourth Amendment to the United States Constitution)

The Commission states that they can inspect any suspected radio facility, at any time (including the wee hours of the morning).  Further, the Commission asserts that its officials can perform warrantless searches.  Radio Free Connecticut believes this to be a clear violation of the Fourth Amendment.  Thus, Radio Free Connecticut now declares:

A. That it cannot and will not cooperate with any request (other than those using the "probable cause" argument) by FCC officials to inspect its facilities (excepting those in which officials have a warrant to do so).  

B. That it officially protests recent enforcement actions of the Federal Communications Commission, which have no reasonable justification.  

C. That it will decide for itself, based on general guidelines of good taste, what content is and is not permissible to stream/broadcast.  

D. That it will aid other broadcasters in opposing/protesting certain Commission actions whenever possible.  

E. That it reserves the right to challenge any action taken against it by the Commission in a court of law.  


Signed and DONE this fifteenth day of August, in the Year of Our Lord Two Thousand And Eighteen.  


-- Radio Free Connecticut

An Internet/Part 15 AM Radio Station
Authorized by the Federal Communications Commission

"Connecticut's Voice of Liberty"

© 2018 Matt B


Author's Note

Matt B
As stated, "Radio Free Connecticut" is an internet/Part 15 AM Radio Station. According to the FCC, Part 15 stations do not need a license to broadcast.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
Added on August 16, 2018
Last Updated on August 16, 2018
Tags: politics, philosophy, rights, practices