What's Wrong With This Picture? (An Open Letter On The Election)

What's Wrong With This Picture? (An Open Letter On The Election)

A Poem by Matt B

Have you ever looked at something that was happening, and felt unsettled about it? Sometimes you feel, deep down in your gut, that something isn't right.  You don't know why, but something is making you wonder about what is going on.  To put it another way, it's one of those "things that make you go, 'hmmm" (thanks to C&C Music Factory for the quote).  I may get some hate for this, but I can't help feeling this way about the recent governor's election in Connecticut.  Let me explain the factors that are arousing my suspicion.  
The first factor is that of general post-election "shenanigans" by the Democratic Party.  Unless you've been living in a cave for the past week, you're probably aware of the way Florida made a complete mess of their governors and US Senate elections.  It gives me no pleasure to report that similar things are happening in Georgia, as well as Arizona.  Having been witness to this liberal attempt to take power "by any means necessary", I find myself asking why the same kind of thing can't happen in Connecticut.  After all, all of our key state officials are Democrats.  Maybe I'm incorrect in this assessment, but I'm "raising a brow", so to speak.  I believe it was Stalin who said that it doesn't matter who votes; it matters who COUNTS the votes.  
Second, I take issue with certain statements made by Denise Merrill, Connecticut's Secretary of the State (author's note: this position is called "Secretary of State" in other states.  We add a "the" to the title in Connecticut...don't ask me why).  
On election night (and into the next morning), there was a long delay in getting votes in from certain areas.  Ms. Merrill explained this delay by complaining about "wet ballots".  It seems to me that all the polling places were located indoors.  Assuming this is true, then how and why would ballots have gotten wet? Unless someone was just coming out of a pool, perhaps (and had a ballot with them in the pool!), there's no reason that this should have occurred.  Now, I'm not saying that any votes were altered, but the long delays could have provided officials with the opportunity to do so.  By the way, what are two big parts of establishing criminal suspicion? One of them is motive; the other is opportunity.  
The third factor is possibly the most unnerving one, as far as I am concerned.  Many of my friends have told me that at some polling places, it was possible to vote without showing identification.  Although the Secretary of the State's website disagrees, this is a violation of state law.  Consider what Chapter 147, Section 9-261, of Connecticut Statute says:
"Each elector who registered to vote by mail for the first time on or after January 1, 2003, and has a “mark” next to the elector's name on the official registry list, as required by section 9-23r, shall present to the official checker or checkers, before the elector votes, either a current and valid photo identification that shows the elector's name and address or a copy of a current utility bill, bank statement, government check, paycheck or other government document that shows the name and address of the elector. Each other elector shall (1) present to the official checker or checkers the elector's Social Security card or any other preprinted form of identification which shows the elector's name and either the elector's address, signature or photograph, or (2) on a form prescribed by the Secretary of the State, write the elector's residential address and date of birth, print the elector's name and sign a statement under penalty of false statement that the elector is the elector whose name appears on the official checklist. Such form shall clearly state the penalty of false statement" (Source: Connecticut State Statute)
If the allegations that officials were admitting voters that failed to show identification are true, then all such votes are illegal, and should be disqualified.  In such a case, it would perhaps be sensible to call for a new election.  This is a significant point of order, and should be investigated.  

We're not done yet, unfortunately.  I have it on very good authority that on election night, Democrats were busing students from UConn (the University of Connecticut) to several out-of-district polling places.  This was done with the stated intention of having the students vote in incorrect districts.  This could have inflated vote counts in several areas.  In case you haven't noticed, most UConn students are quite liberal, in that they always vote for Democrats.   Perhaps this is the source of voting complaints in the cities of New Haven, Meriden, and Orange (at one point on election night, the state GOP had a lawsuit pending concerning those areas).  

Also, WTNH TV in New Haven is today (November 16th) reporting that several voting districts are to have their results "audited", aka recounted.  The areas to be recounted have been randomly selected by the Secretary of the State.  She, like all other major officials in Connecticut, is a Democrat.  This appears, at least to me, to be a major conflict of interest.  All that Secretary Merrill has to do is announce that her office has found no discrepancies.  Once she does that, all concerns with the validity of the vote will be forgotten about.  Mark my words, the districts selected will turn out to be from Bridgeport, Hartford, and New Haven; all of these cities are Democratic strongholds.  So you want to run for mayor of Bridgeport as a Republican? Good luck, you'll need it, and maybe a minor miracle to boot!

There are some who will think my concerns to be "much ado about nothing", and a waste of time.  However, with the initial results of the governor's race being very close, I believe that these issues are worth investigating.  We have already seen that Democrats will go to any lengths in their pursuit of power; this is not limited to major violations of the law, or even acts of violence.  As such, this is an open letter to the Secretary of the State of Connecticut.  Can you explain what's going on here, or otherwise alleviate my concerns? I'm sorry, but it seems as though "something is rotten in Denmark" ("Macbeth", William Shakespeare).  

© 2018 Matt B


Author's Note

Matt B
Edited to include correct name of the CT Secretary of the State.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

299 Views
Added on November 16, 2018
Last Updated on November 21, 2018