Life Cycle or Car

Life Cycle or Car

A Poem by Fairplay
"

My first Poem resurrected

"

 

 

Dolly the sheep had a wonderful start
no mother or father created by art
Craftsmen were clever they knew they would gain 
a sex free creation! Now there's a new game!

To carry it further we all would do well
we all could look forward to life without hell
Each one a diamond no thieves and no crooks
just brainy do goodies with heads in their books

So where lies the shortfall, where can I begin?
with everyone made an identical twin.
No need to worry, one size fits all!
Hey wait a minute, whose name do you call?

Don't make no difference they're all much the same
Peter, Matilda or Danny McCain
They all do the same job all look the part
Where does that leave affairs of your heart

No testing no trials it's easy you say
not even the chance of loosing your way
You just pair off equal….. any will do
how totally boring your mate looks like you

No reason to worry when all are the same
this could be tricky when playing a game
Worse is to come which partner does what?
you're both so damn equal it just matters not

No reason for living, so easily replaced
while living your life in some body encased
Made not by nature created at will
no-one need love you if you should fall ill

But wait… No diseases that you can befall
the bloody creators eliminate all
So what will become you as time passes by
life's so bloody boring you can't even die

Design will not let you they've thought about that
Maybe recycle you could be a cat?
Fraid not they're below us, small brains and no soul
So how in the hell to get out of this hole?

Lets face it you've had it, made by design
to up and keep going long after your time
So lets keep it simple and stay as we are
Leave all the “Boffins” perfecting the “Car”

Eric Davies

© 2009 Fairplay


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Thank You Kindly dear poets for looking in and taking time to comment.... Being a newbie on this site I haven't gotten round to finding room to experience everyone's input.... I will try of course to look at your work and for those that know me you will get an honest opinion rather than a school masters report, Which is my way of being up-front while admitting I haven't got a clue where the commas go...

Here in Beautiful British Columbia (Ha An Englishman in the BBC) we are still reeling from the American Elections...they own most of what "Should" make money in Canada...so have no little influence..Its a jungle out there and today I see the Republicans also .....whoops enough of politics.

A lot of what I refer to as poetry tells a story exposes a fraud states an opinion and therefore can be past it's sell by date in very quick time..... So though I have a few hundred saved verses I only like to put in new stuff rather than clutter the site up with all my yesterdays.....

Right upwards and onwards eyes wide open..... again thanks for coming to my verse

Eric (Fairplay)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Thank You Kindly dear poets for looking in and taking time to comment.... Being a newbie on this site I haven't gotten round to finding room to experience everyone's input.... I will try of course to look at your work and for those that know me you will get an honest opinion rather than a school masters report, Which is my way of being up-front while admitting I haven't got a clue where the commas go...

Here in Beautiful British Columbia (Ha An Englishman in the BBC) we are still reeling from the American Elections...they own most of what "Should" make money in Canada...so have no little influence..Its a jungle out there and today I see the Republicans also .....whoops enough of politics.

A lot of what I refer to as poetry tells a story exposes a fraud states an opinion and therefore can be past it's sell by date in very quick time..... So though I have a few hundred saved verses I only like to put in new stuff rather than clutter the site up with all my yesterdays.....

Right upwards and onwards eyes wide open..... again thanks for coming to my verse

Eric (Fairplay)

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Hi Eric

Your Western politicians are the only ones who won't be smiling . Small wonder then , that it is they who obdurately stand in the way of such scientific tinkering . ( Imagine a Western politician passing up the chance to play God. Never dreamt that day would come.)

Westerners and grubby Third Worlders ( who can hardly wait to come swarming in) ending up looking like two peas in a pod. With none -horror of horrors- being able to tell them apart. Shudder.. ( Though that would be the day for us Third Worlders - the dream of many generations come to fruition at last .)

A sobering thought however - remember how Henry Ford came to grief with his Model T.

Polemics aside , this is Brit writing at its best . Brave New World , reduced to just a few pithy verses .Verses that say it all - sans the absurdum. Puts paid to all Yanqui pretensions of being the one and only arbiters of English excellence . Mind you , its still called "English"

This begs the question : if this is your very first , resurrected - imagine how good your latest must be .

J.


Posted 15 Years Ago


It make me smile like the Cheshire Cat!

But wait� No diseases that you can befall
the bloody creators eliminate all
So what will become you as time passes by
life's so bloody boring you can't even die

Here, Here!

FF

Posted 15 Years Ago


Religious, the very soul... thought provoking in retrospect, "Fraid not they're below us, small brains and no soul So how in the hell to get out of this hole?"

Soulful, thought provoking and deep in many ways and where society is taking us to, where humanity is going, who are we on this rock we call earth! A nice piece of work.

Posted 15 Years Ago


:)

It's very funny, very wry, very you.

Nice to read you again!

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hello!
This is very witty and entertaining, as well as "truth be told" wisdom! I followed through every word with eagerness to see what your reasoning would be.......the final analysis, and you capped it off very nicely, with some giggles!
Enjoyable read!
Sheila

Posted 15 Years Ago


Hi Eric...fancy meeting YOU here! Now we have to get Ivor to join us too!

This poem is definetly an "Eric" poem...silly yet makes perfect sense!
Wouldn't change a thing!

Bea

Posted 15 Years Ago


Eric

I got a kick out of this poem. the rhyme scheme fit the storyline- Although it was done in a amusing and light tone the subject matter was quite serious. The ethics of science- where do we stop?-do we play god or create boundaries? Good stuff- the ending was a hoot -but an answer as well-Stick to perfecting Cars and man made things- leave the biology and genetic witchcraft to providence...

my warmest
bob

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

267 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 24, 2009
Last Updated on May 6, 2009

Author

Fairplay
Fairplay

Vancouver BC, Open to Ideas, Canada



About
An Englishman living in West Vancouver BC Canada Great Britain got too crowded so I moved over to the Pacific Coast Been around the block........ more..

Writing
Better Dead Better Dead

A Poem by Fairplay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..