In her world

In her world

A Story by FaithfullyJennyBear

The wind blows delicately through the branches of the old oak tree that is placed in the park where she first kissed his sweet and tender lips. She goes there all the time now that he's gone. She sits in the shade of the mothering tree and cries. The memories she shared with him, she could never forget his bright blue eyes when he looked lovingly down at her when she layed on him, he used to play with her chestnut brown hair, while her curious green eyes wandered the lake in front of them. It reached autumn. The brightly coloured leaves fell around the sweet pair in love and all they did was smile. They were both happy.

 

The tree where they kissed, they also married. How the bride looked beautiful, the groom, so handsome. You would never have been able to imagine them apart.

 

But during the relationship between man and wife, things started to go wrong. Neighbours constantly heard shouting but thought it wise to just ignore it. The perfect love slowly forming to the perfect downfall...

 

It was on a stormy day in winter.. The oak tree leafless and bare in such a cold condition. No love had been seen for 5 months. The shouting began again..

'No, don't lie to me, you stopped loving me the day we wed!' The female screeched.

'That is a lie within itself! I stopped loving you the day you started acting so weird!' The male loudly replied. He ran upstairs, ready to pack his bags.

 

Silence.

 

Thunder roared through the night sky, flashes of lightening lighting up the dark clouds.

 

The woman carrying a bundle walks to the tree where they first kissed, she dug a hole and threw the budle into it, just below the tree.  Filling the hole back up, she whimpered, yet smiled..

 

'I have always loved you, my sweet. Sorry it had to end this way..'

 

She collapsed.

 

Woken up by a passer by the next day, she was laid underneath the old oak tree, slightly dazed. Walking home she began to wonder how she ended up sleeping under the tree. She opened the door to her home.

 

'My love, Darling, are you awake yet?'

 

She wanders upstairs, in and out of every room. All his clothes.. gone. all bags.. gone.

 

She sits under the old oak tree where they first kissed.. where they married.. and cries since her love left her..

 

She feels such a connection to the tree that holds so many memories.

And the forgotten body that lies beneath the very place she always sits.

© 2011 FaithfullyJennyBear


Author's Note

FaithfullyJennyBear
No idea where this came from :')
I know it aint great but again.. I'm a poet, not a story writer :) x

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Brilliant!! I loved it! From the way it starts to the way it ends is actually poetic too. That old oak tree witnessed everything. The love that blossomed between them, their wedding...then the downfall and finally...murder!! Really well done Jen, that was my kind of story. XX

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

An excellent heart-felt write. You did a great job with this, Jenny.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very sweet and touching peace, you could feel the emotion as it was read, excellent!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very strong story. I like the description and the feel of wonder and mystery. I like the pace and the strong ending. The body know where to go to find peace. I go to the water to create calm in me. In this poem. The tree was a place for peace for the young lady for a reason. A excellent story.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The best things I've read on here are things that come straight from the heart and the mind that doesn't require much thought, but gets out what you are feeling inside. This is one of those pieces. It brings good imagery and I can picture being there... seeing things and feeling the things the people are. It is very dramatic and brilliantly written. It will be going into my favs. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Brilliant!! I loved it! From the way it starts to the way it ends is actually poetic too. That old oak tree witnessed everything. The love that blossomed between them, their wedding...then the downfall and finally...murder!! Really well done Jen, that was my kind of story. XX

Posted 13 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

900 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 5, 2011
Last Updated on May 5, 2011

Author

FaithfullyJennyBear
FaithfullyJennyBear

England, North east , United Kingdom



About
I'm Jenny, I'm 18, and my mind is made for poetry, it's how I think, it's how I get my feelings out, It's how I'm heard, may not always be good but it's how I feel inside :) I've also had every colou.. more..

Writing