The Memories

The Memories

A Poem by Anjel
"

the memories that haunt you because you could not put the bottle down

"

Did you drink enough to forget me now and the sad smile on my face when I walked out of the door?

You stumble around in a muddled haze calling out my name.

Are you remembering the passion that we shared on those long cold nights?  

You grab an empty bottle and smash it into our picture in its frame.

Do you recall the light in my eyes when you held my chin in your hands and kissed me so sweetly?  

Your strained laughter echoes through the now empty house that we shared.

Do you see the visions of us in our bare skin running through the hall playing our silly game?  

Your laughter turns into a strangled howl as the pain rips through your heart.

Are the memories of our quiet comfortable times flooding your mind?  

You jerk another bottle up and try to drown out our happiness, chugging as fast as you can.

Is the sight of the pain in my eyes from when I caught you in your sin too much for you to bear now?  

You drop to your knees as the bottle falls from your hand and your soul crumbles to dust.

Do you remember the tender touches and the gentle kisses that you used to crave from me?

You scream out in despair for me to return to you, but it's too late now and all the alcohol in the world will not ease your pain.

© 2009 Anjel


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

oh my . what a powerful poem . every conceivable emotion went into this , its tremendous . i love the use of colour to seperate feeling , a concept i'd never thought of , sensational writing gorgeous , really well done .

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on May 31, 2009
Last Updated on May 31, 2009

Author

Anjel
Anjel

Columbus, OH



About
I have 4 kids and work full time. In my spare time, I try to write as much as possible. Hope that you all enjoy what I have created. I also enjoy taking pictures, mainly of nature and hope to improve.. more..

Writing