Life

Life

A Story by John

Everyone you know will die and yes you will too. How may I know this? Well, let's just say that I am overqualified for my job. You may be wondering what this story is about and well you have to figure that one out for yourself. Take this as it is but at the end, he will no longer be. The great king and his great queens. The noble knight willing to take any fight. The cowardly peasant not worthy of a meal. All will fall and so will all.


The moon glistens like the ocean, the light ricochets off the water. I can feel the warm presences smoking in my face. I can feel the sun’s rays on my face like a fire in the winter. The scorching heat slowly penetrating the skin I don't have. I see the most peculiar of things, a dead man's body hammering on my door. I answer. Why wouldn’t I answer I do it every day at least 60000 times? Everyone is different but all the same. All have different stories but still, they remain sitting in my home waiting.


They seem to love doing so. Some thank me and some despise me. Some love me and some hate me. Some are accepting and some want to go. They inevitably have to come knocking. Everyone will knock at some point in their lives. Be it very young or very old they all come. Some believe they have more power than me but in reality, they have as much power as currency.


Some people make me laugh and some make me cry. Some days I am filled with joys and others sorrow. How can these humans really believe some of the things they believe shocks me. So much faith in what exactly? All I see is a piece of paper but what they see is a necessity. Humans honestly frighten me sometimes, considering that they think they won't meet me.


The moons sorrow, the suns happiness. In the light darkness and the in the darkness light. Humans are lesser but also greater, Life is worthless but also precious. All knock but all leave. The Winter's howl and the summers scream. The Fall breeze and the spring ease, but everyone eventually leaves. These words that I'm typing have much value but none.  Everyone cares and no one cares,


So come knock and my door but not now you can never make that decision. You can never control when you knock on my door but I am always there watching. Some say I cause you to knock but I don't. Some run at me and some drive to me but everyone eventually sees me. I can't see them, in fact, I don't want too. I can only hear the pain that resonates from their mouths. Someone is knocking so I must go but please come knocking before the snow.

© 2018 John


Author's Note

John
I'm only 16 and looking for all the criticism I can get.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on April 10, 2018
Last Updated on April 10, 2018

Author

John
John

Writing
Snow Snow

A Poem by John


No Suffering No Suffering

A Story by John


No Suffering No Suffering

A Story by John