The Misery of a Broken Heart

The Misery of a Broken Heart

A Story by Faygen

The Misery of a Broken Heart

            Her name was Jane. Jane Doe, to be exact. She sat in the corner of the black room. Tear streaks came straining down her pale cheeks. In the feeble position, her face sat in her knees. Loneliness had already long since arrived and Jealousy was well on its way. Migraine continued to knock on her door. Jane’s fingers twiddled with the zipper of John’s old, leather jacket and the knocks still came.
            “Leave!” Jane screamed without lifting her face. Pieces of her brunette tresses fell over her shoulders.
            How could have John done this? He had been the only one on her side.
            Jane brought her face up for the first time in hours and looked at the clock. The green lines of the digital clock changed from “11:59” to “12:00”. She whimpered and lowered her head again. She thought of John’s spirit and wished for it to be in her for a moment so she could make Jealousy go. John would kick Migraine away for Jane, but he decided to leave her. John would make sure that Loneliness wouldn’t be accepted in.
            The words echoed in her head.
            “Jane, I’m sorry, it’s just not going to be able to work-- there’s not a single way.”
            What a pack of lies!
            Sobs escaped from Jane’s mouth and she clenched her teeth. “John... John!” she hollered.
            “Jane.” She heard.
            Jane pulled her hair. “What?” she answered.
            “It is I, Jane. I’m sorry that I did this to you.” This voice said. It was fast and clear -- just like John’s.
            Jane wiped away her tears and drew her breath as her head arose. There John stood. “John, how did you get in here?”
            John offered his hand to help Jane up and she accepted. She had nothing on except for his jacket and her undergarments. The cold of the place kissed her white legs and John pulled her into him. “I have to key, remember? I can always open this place.”
            “You’re not allowed to, though. Please just go -- I can’t handle you being here.” Jane beckoned. John’s arms wrapped themselves around Jane and she closed her eyes. She was a bit taller than John, and she buried her face in his long hair. The black strands tickled her skin. She wanted him there, though. She wanted him in that place. He couldn’t be welcomed, though. He’d just broken in. He had to be pushed out.
            She couldn’t do it, though. Jane’s mind tried to force itself to push her away from John, but she simply couldn’t. John belonged there, but he couldn’t be. In his words, at least. Though, he was in fact there.
            No.
            Hallucination had broken in. John would never be back in the place -- he couldn’t allow it. Jane stepped back and looked John in the eyes. “What?” he asked.
            “Leave,” Jane whispered. Her brown eyes met his own. They stared. “You said that you would never come back here. So why are you? Get out. Hallucination, there’s the door.”
            John laughed and grabbed Jane’s hands. His fingers filled in the gaps between hers. Jane gulped. This never would be him. It never could be him. It never should be him. He’d broken in and told Jane that he wanted to stay, while in reality he seemed not to. His behavior said that he didn’t want it. So why had he invited himself in?
            Jane slapped her hands down to her thighs. “John, you aren’t allowed here.”
            “Jane, you want me to be here, though.” John said. He picked up her hands again and fiddled with her silky skin. Jane began to cry again.
            “But you don’t.” she concluded. She threw his hands off of her.
            “Come on, Jane, you really want me here, so why can’t you welcome me?” John smiled.
            “Mary! Mary is in yours -- not me. Why do you insist on torturing me, John? Why?” Jane cried.
            John touched Jane’s face. The tears that were cascading their way down her face stopped at his fingers. It was like he didn’t want them to fall. Though, would he really care? After all, all this was Hallucination. What her mind wanted her to see. Her lip quivered, and he put his face close to hers. His breath on her face was far too much.
            Jane fell to the ground and Migraine came in for John left the door open. She pulled her own hair and shrieked with Hallucination standing over her. “Just go, John, go!” she yelled.
            She looked up to his face, but saw Mary in the doorway. Jane covered her face as Mary walked over to John and rubbed his back. Jane wasn’t as good as her. Jane wasn’t as talented as her. Jane wasn’t as talented as her -- at least according to John.
            How could he have done such a thing? Come in, enjoyed himself, tortured her, then let Mary come in. And he left with her. John’s Vans carried with out with Mary. The door slammed. Jealousy had come in as well. Jane swore every bad word she could imagine and cursed John. How could he do that to a girl? The girl that loved him with every once of her heart. He had messed up everything within her mind and the place. Jane rubbed her face. She realized the rug burns on her knees now.
            Jane screamed. Not because of the physical pain. Because of the emotional pain. John had done all of this to her, while all she had done to him was love him. He had broken into this place. He had used her. Mary was really the one he wanted. Jane dug her fingernails into her palms. Mary and John’s faces would not escape her. Loneliness sat on her bed. Hallucination had left. Migraine lingered over her. Jealousy stood by the closed door, but made it’s way to her. She shook her head and looked the black figure in the face. “Don’t touch me.” Jane commanded.
            Jealousy reached towards her and grabbed her arm. Jane screamed again. Loneliness stood up and grabbed her other arm. Jane looked both of the shadows to where she thought their faces were supposed to be. Nothing was calming in them. Jane wept more and more as the silhouettes tried to make her stand up. She shook and started yelling again, as loud as she could. No one could here her, though.
            Mary had let Jealousy in. John had brought Loneliness with him. The two were accompanied by Migraine. They created this pain. Jealousy and Loneliness picked her up, and Jane began shaking violently. “Stop!” she shouted. They were trying to kidnap her and bring her somewhere a new. The capers had strong grips, though. Jane cried and screamed with all of her might, hoping that someone would hear her and save her. The two things dragged her into the dark and Jane felt herself disappearing. “Dear lord, let me go!” Jane shouted.
            The two were taking her out of that place. That place was her heart. John had broken into her heart and Mary took him from it. They were taking Jane to the land called Misery. Jane’s voice dissipated. She took one last look at the clock. It said “12:01”. That had only taken one moment. All of that pain had taken place in one moment.
            Now, I want to ask you something.
            Where will Jane go now?

© 2009 Faygen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Okay. So I am new to this site. But not new to writing and reading. I also attend www.Chapteread.com
and I am going to start at the beginning of this chapter, and write down what I like, and what can be improved.
here I go,

I like how you introduced jane, good job.
I like the black room, but would like to know about the black room, more description.
I am really liking this so far,
I can already tell that this is in thrid person.

Wow. I really liked it.
Ummm.....there really wasn't nothing to improve. I like it. What I do want you to do, is keep up with the good work.
Like it
:]

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

263 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 28, 2009

Author

Faygen
Faygen

FL



About
I'm just a little crazy. My favorite piece of writing is my novel-in-the-making, The Water Maiden, though I haven't been able to have a chance to put it up yet. *SIGH* Want to make me really, really .. more..

Writing
Love by Natalie Love by Natalie

A Story by Faygen





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5