The One

The One

A Stage Play by Veronica
"

A short monologue on what one girl thinks about finding The One.

"
Character: Felicity.
 
Age (Range): 18-30.
 
Gender: Female.
 
Length: Two minutes.

 

 

   “There are so many different theories on the subject; I don’t even have a clue where to begin…well, okay then. Here goes. Some say that it’s just chemical attraction, like saying someone is The One is basically just saying you really like someone. Others seem to be under the impression that you have more than The One, you have The Two and The Three and so on, but if that’s true- than where does all the passion in love come in? Some people believe that you have spent your life with one person for all eternity- over and over again in each life. But you would have to believe in reincarnation and I’m not sure I do.” (Pause) “What do I believe? How should I know what I believe, that’s why I’m asking you! I don’t even know if I want to marry you for Christ’s sake! (Pause) “…I think maybe that you meet The One at least once in your life. It could be at any time, anywhere. Like it could be some person behind a cash register or you may pass them at an airport- kind of like that movie with Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks…yeah, that one, and the funny part is you may never even get to know them, but you at least make eye contact with them once in your life and you feel this amazing bolt of energy rush through your entire body. There are people lucky enough to get to know Their Ones, I figure, but sometimes someone makes a mistake, and it doesn’t work out, and they don’t live Happily Ever After, and to be perfectly honest Ian, I don’t think you’re my One. But you never know. (Smiles) “I mean, you know that saying? If you let something go, and it comes back to you…it’s yours.”
 
 

© 2008 Veronica


Author's Note

Veronica
My first monologue! So exciting! I love monologues! Enjoy! The movie that I referenced was Sleepless in Seattle, which I went ahead and used as the picture.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

cool.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

235 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 15, 2008

Author

Veronica
Veronica

In your shower...with a toaster, TX



About
STALK ME: http://twitter.com/Fessdapfrisc Veronica is a girl who reads books without pictures, licks 9 volt batteries, obsesses over taking down her ex-boyfriends, saves the rainforests, combs her.. more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Veronica


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Veronica