Cats

Cats

A Story by The_Captain
"

A blurb inspired by my lazy cat, Leo.

"

Oh, how the day drags on, the sands of time sifting slowly down the hills of life. Oh, how the morning passes by, the wind blowing swiftly through the trees, rustling the people as they go about the dreary things people do. So little to do, and so much time in which to do it. The sun glides through the bright sky; always the same starting point, always the same destination. And I, I lie here on my pedestal, with servants to feed me and worship me as I watch those days go by. They dote on me relentlessly, love me unquestionably, and never fail to recognize my dominance over them. I roam where I please throughout my kingdom and they follow like newborn kittens, mewling helplessly as they stumble on their clumsy limbs. Entertaining, yet never truly satisfying. I must speak slowly and repeat myself often. They are very dull and need constant guidance and oversight. Sometimes I think I may be too overbearing, but then I remember that without me their lives would be pointless, wandering the land without purpose.

           

            How important to them I must be, like a Savior come from the Heavens to lead them towards the light, for they are blind and assuredly in need of my help.

           

            Yes, they may be difficult to deal with from day to day, but without them, I would have to get my own food.

           

            Hmph. How hard it is being a cat.

© 2014 The_Captain


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

105 Views
Added on March 23, 2014
Last Updated on March 23, 2014
Tags: cats, humor

Author