Evening Frost

Evening Frost

A Story by Fifi

They sat on opposite sides of the bench. His gloved hand crept across the slats and she tucked hers inside her pocket. They fixed their eyes on the periwinkle night swallowing the sky. He wiped a puddle of water from between them whilst she scratched flakes of ivory paint from the metalwork.

“We don’t have to come up here.” He noticed the mud clinging to his trainers and scraped it off.

“We do.” She hugged her duffel coat tighter. “We always do.”

“Then stop ignoring me.” He scooped up a rock from underneath the bench, and chucked it at a tree. A fountain of birds erupted from the leaves and scattered away, heading across the sun and behind the hills.

“Don’t you come, then.” She gazed out at the cornfields, the stalks swaying as one mass. “But I’ll be here.”

“And I’ll be with you.” He stared at the daisies, tiny trampled flowers littering the grass. And neither spoke until they donned their hats and rucksacks and strode down the hill.

© 2012 Fifi


Author's Note

Fifi
I'd love it if you could help by reviewing :) I'm grateful for anything, but constructive criticism is best.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is well written with nice description. But I don't see much point. Perhaps you should consider making it longer and defining the relationship between these two.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fifi

11 Years Ago

Thanks :) I try to write a 150-250 word story every day, so it isn't supposed to be very long. I mig.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Added on September 30, 2012
Last Updated on September 30, 2012

Author

Fifi
Fifi

England, United Kingdom



About
Hi, I'm Fifi :) I'm 15, and I live in England. I love cats, the Eurovision Song Contest and Maths. Alongside writing every day, I play the cello and sail. I'd love to meet people of a similar age writ.. more..