Sinking

Sinking

A Story by Cetaya
"

This is something short I wrote awhile back.

"
And so he disappeared like the seasons and Ali’s world went from warm, bright, friendly  spring days to a harsh, cold, painful, lonely winter nights. Ali’s support system was gone in a flash and she was left drowning with her demons dragging her down. She was like a poor insect in a rapid river, every time she had a rock to rest on it’d eventually break on her from pressure and she’d be left drowning. That was her life in a simile. Now that her rock had broke where would she do? She was left in her sea of emotions and from where she was at she couldn’t see the land of happiness. So she sat drowning further and further until she’d suffocate or have a life boat come save her. In her life this was normal, except this time she didn’t know how long she could hold her breath. She didn’t know if someone could save her. She wondered if she’d sunk too deep for someone to save her. She wondered if this was really the end.
She always tried her hardest to swim up to the light to possibly get a breath of relief, but everything held her down. Her demons held her down, her urges, stress, past, guilt, everything they acted like an anchor pulling her down deeper. No wonder she felt constantly tired, it was a fight everyday for her to just stay alive. So she stayed up day and night searching for her friend again. He was her last shot at this. She couldn’t swim this vicious ocean on her own she needed him. She swallowed pills to numb her pain, they acted like a breather and made it easier to bare everything, but with every second that passed and everyday that longed they worked less and less, and her light of happiness grew dimmer and dimmer.

© 2016 Cetaya


Author's Note

Cetaya
I may add onto this, I'm not sure. This is something I wrote back a few years ago. I'm trying to get back into writing so I guess here's a feel for my type of writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on March 4, 2016
Last Updated on March 4, 2016
Tags: depression, suicide, addiction, mental illness

Author

Cetaya
Cetaya

Circa, MI



About
The only difference between medicine and poison is the dose. more..

Writing
Persephone Persephone

A Poem by Cetaya


Numb Numb

A Poem by Cetaya