Daisy

Daisy

A Story by Fin Buckley

“What does it mean to be alone?” She asks, hands shaking in her lap. She sits on her knees in a field of daisies, white petals matching her dress while yellow centers mirror her hair.


“To see a sea of people, but never recognizing a single face.” A woman dressed in a black leather jacket and ripped jeans sits beside her, trampling a few many flowers beneath her body.


The first girl turns, noting the second girl’s bruised face and band aid covered nose. “You got into another fight.”


“Tell me something I don’t know,” the second girl laughs, leaning back on her hands as she throws her face up to the sky. “The sun is radiant today. So warm.”


“For someone who throws fists you really do enjoy nature.”


“What isn’t there to enjoy? A good day is like a good fight; exhilarating, sweltering, tender. There’s truly nothing better than a good fight on an even better day.”


Nothing?” The first girl questions, and the second girl falls onto her back and gives a weak smile.


“Well, I mean, I’d rather spend a good day with you than fighting, but,” she waves her hand embarrassingly, “details, details. Let’s just enjoy the time we have together before the sun sets.”


The first girl smiles and lays beside the second, hands intertwining as they speak about their days and plans for the future.


Gradually the sun travels across the gently clouded sky, time slipping unbeknownst to the two girls as they share their moments together. The setting sun spreads warm oranges and pinks as a greeting to the moon.


“Will you come back tomorrow?” The first girl asks, and the second leans over to plant a kiss on her cheek, smiling.


“Always.”


They stand together, holding each other’s hands as the sun finally dips beneath the horizon. The first girl laughs gently as she disappears in a flurry of white light; just as the daisies close their petals for the night.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


Author's Note

Fin Buckley
Working on improving dialogue and depictions/descriptions, but still keeping it short. Feedback? Suggestions?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really like this story but I think it would be more interesting if the second girl was depicted as the dark side of the other girl. Maybe the kiss on the cheek would symbolize being at peace with yourself. This is just from my understanding of the story, you might have been trying to get this across I'm not sure. Otherwise, great story! Keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I really like this story but I think it would be more interesting if the second girl was depicted as the dark side of the other girl. Maybe the kiss on the cheek would symbolize being at peace with yourself. This is just from my understanding of the story, you might have been trying to get this across I'm not sure. Otherwise, great story! Keep it up!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
1 Review
Added on May 13, 2017
Last Updated on May 13, 2017
Tags: Romance, Short

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley