Move on

Move on

A Poem by Fin Buckley
"

It's scary, I know.

"

What does it mean to move on? To accept the broken windows for what they are, glass and wood? To look in the lake for a reflection when all you see are ripples? To think about an empty hand but never bother to look down and make sure? Does it really matter if you’ve moved on physically, when emotionally you're still there?


Still there, watching the rocks break the glass then piece it back together again. Movie magic, photo manipulation, a s****y memory, whatever you called it. Still there, making waves in the water because you don’t like the reflection that stands beside you. Still there, a calloused palm at your side that aches like it’s been lanced but you’re too afraid to check for blood.


Look, d****t. Put the camera down, stop playing in the water and carrying fistfuls of rocks. Look at your hand. It’s scary, I know. Look anyway. Move on.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

57 Views
Added on May 13, 2017
Last Updated on May 13, 2017
Tags: poetry, poem

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley