Bow

Bow

A Poem by Fin Buckley
"

The people grow restless. The soil grows hungry.

"

A meaningless title. The crown and jewels only weigh you down, only make it harder to escape. Maybe they knew that. Maybe that’s why you’re here.


A cape as red as the blood in your knight’s veins, but far more valuable. The common folk would kill for a scrap, and die because of it. When did it come to this? Why is it so hard to move?


A comfortable chair before a crowd. They bow to it, with or without you. You don’t matter, you can be replaced. It’s only the objects they respect. The gold around your throat tightens.


They were still bowing when the flames washed over, and you were still sitting; the weight of it all holding you in place. Picturesque. What a pretty face.


The relics were plucked from your remains and given to someone else, they only get younger from here. More blood to mix with dirt and feed the crops, it ends the same. Everyone bows.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

60 Views
Added on May 16, 2017
Last Updated on May 16, 2017
Tags: poetry, poem

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley