Two fishermen

Two fishermen

A Story by Fin Buckley
"

I hope the seas are calm on your side, even though I know they aren't.

"

Two fishermen in their boats, staring at the same sky on separate sides of the world. At night they arrange the stars in messages; greetings and jokes and kindness, thoughts and dreams left behind for the other fisherman to find with the setting sun.


Some nights they laugh, others they cry, sometimes they are even angry. Frustrated that such a world has seas so cruel and people so wicked. Sometimes these fishermen curse the sky, which is overcast and dreary, obscuring the truth and ruining the conversation.


The clouds care not.


It goes on for days, neither side knowing how the other is, neither fisherman knowing if their friend’s harvest was plentiful or if their boat is still afloat. It is upsetting; the messages lost in the open sky, visible to the world but not to each other.


It is infuriating to care for someone so far away, and to fear for them when they are absent too long.

© 2017 Fin Buckley


Author's Note

Fin Buckley
It's a metaphor.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It truly is infuriating. This was one of those things you have to read twice to truly grasp and then just sit in awe of how deep it is. AMAZING!

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Added on June 1, 2017
Last Updated on June 1, 2017
Tags: story, ?, poem, i guess

Author

Fin Buckley
Fin Buckley

About
I simply enjoy writing. Let the littlest things inspire you, and let that inspiration run wild. You will find yourself making a lot of art when you do. more..

Writing
Tracks Tracks

A Story by Fin Buckley


Throne Throne

A Poem by Fin Buckley


Waiting Waiting

A Story by Fin Buckley