The Flame

The Flame

A Poem by FirePanther
"

The life of a single flame

"

From deep with in the shadows of darkness, a spark ignites, and a tiny little flame is born. The flame is small and fragile, capable of being extinguished by the slightest gust of wind. However, as time goes by, the flame begins to grow bigger, till it’s able to dance back and forth to the gentle force of nature’s wind. The flame can live happily in peace, if but for a moment, until the flame is forced to grow even bigger. With just a little fuel, just a little gas, the flame can become a storm of destructive fire, engulfing everything in its path. Then the fire hears a calming voice close to its heart, and the fire becomes a flame once more. Again, as time goes by the flame continues to exist, but this time the flame becomes smaller. The flames time has come; the flame has reached its end. With one last breath, the flame is blown out, never to be seen again, much like the life as a person. 

© 2016 FirePanther


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful!
I enjoyed this story a lot. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

FirePanther

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reviewing. it means alot

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

724 Views
1 Review
Added on January 18, 2016
Last Updated on January 23, 2016

Author

FirePanther
FirePanther

Reading, PA



About
just a person who enjoys writing from time to time. more..

Writing