The Forgotten Toy

The Forgotten Toy

A Stage Play by Amorelle
"

When you're the only one who sees your toys moving what happens when someone else notices too?

"

 

ACT I

Scene 1

SETTING:A toy store wall-to-wall with shelves and a desk off to the side.

AT RISE:Sound of a bell rings in the background as a door opens. The room has the appearance of a small toy store. Caleb enters through the door and crosses to a desk. He places a package on the desk and turns on a lamp located on the desk. There are still figures in the background. Movement is seen in the background as one of the figures starts moving closer to Caleb. It’s movements are jerky as it creeps closer.

CALEB:

I’ve got to remember to bring that case of dolls to Geoffrey’s next week.

(CALEB rummages around in the desk looking for something.)

Where did I put…

DOMINICK:

Boo!

CALEB:

Dominick!!

DOMINICK:

(laughing)

You should have seen your face!

CALEB:

You! Argh!

(stalks to the door and turns on the over head light. The other silent figures are revealed in the background. They all have the appearance of various toys)

I thought I told you never to do that again!

(CALEB glares threateningly at DOMINICK as the other figures begin talking all at once and move to crowd around Caleb)

(Overlapping)

ZEL:

It wasn’t my idea-

LANCE:

Dominick-

MAE:

He’s the trouble maker-

TINA:

Talk, talk, talk, talk, talk-

BELLA:

He’ll get what’s coming-

CALEB:

QUIET!

(everyone hushes and stands still)

Why is everyone awake? I told you it wasn’t safe unless I was here.

DOMINICK:

But you are here.

CALEB:

That’s beside the point! What if someone else had come in and spotted you all moving around?! Don’t you know what people would do with talking dolls?! They’d come in and take you all away to research you and I’d never see you again! Do you want that to happen?!

(everyone quietly moves back to their previous positions but DOMINICK)

DOMINICK:

(quietly) I’m sorry…

CALEB:

(deflated) It’s alright just try to be more careful next time, okay?

(DOMINICK perks back up and scampers to the desk and starts batting at the package CALEB left there)

DOMINICK:

What’s this?

(everyone starts edging closer to the desk to get a better look)

CALEB:

(sighs) It’s something I got in the mail today. I don’t know what’s in it because I haven’t gotten a chance to open it yet.

DOMINICK:

Well open it!

(everyone starts clamoring for CALEB to open the package except ZEL who has fallen asleep in a chair behind the desk)

(OVERLAPPING)

LANCE:

Open it-

MAE:

Hopefully its jewels-

TINA:

Open, open, open, open-

BELLA:

Please be more-

DOMINICK:

It has to be more catnip. I ordered-

CALEB:

(opening the package he becomes silent causing everyone to take notice of the contents. The room becomes still as CALEB lifts up a figurine)

She’s…She’s….

(CALEB drops the figure and immediately rushes to the backroom through another door . Everyone stands still and watches as he leaves. DOMINICK creeps closer to the desk and picks up the figurine.)

DOMINICK:

Julia….

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 2

SETTING:A toy store wall-to-wall with shelves and a desk off to the side.

AT RISE:The scene opens with GEOFFREY coming through the door. Full lights portray it to be morning.

GEOFFREY:

Caleb!

(he walks over the desk to see the figurine, right when he’s about to pick it up CALEB enters from the back room )

CALEB:

Geoffrey, why are you here so early?

GEOFFREY:

I came to get the dolls for the party. I’ve been waiting a week and figured you had either died or just forgotten….again….

CALEB:

(sheepish) Yeah, I had meant to bring them around I just keep getting sidetracked by work and the toys and the new toy store opening up next door and-

GEOFFREY:

Caleb.

CALEB:

Yes?

GEOFFREY:

My dolls…

CALEB:

Oh right!

(CALEB rushes off to the backroom and reenters with a crate full of various dolls)

Hopefully this’ll be enough I didn’t exactly know how many were going to be there so I tried to find as many different ones in stock as I could.

GEOFFREY:

(peers into the crate)

This should be enough. Thank you.

(GEOFFREY takes the crate and starts to leave but turns back around to glare at CALEB)

You’re coming right?

CALEB:

(deflated) Yes….

GEOFFREY:

Good. Now it starts at seven so don’t be late, as usual. (GEOFFREY exits)

CALEB:

(sighs) I hate going to his parties, they’re always so…snooty… But I owe him…

(CALEB takes notice of the figurine still sitting upon his desk he moves toward the desk and picks up the figure softly stroking it)

Whatever happened to you…? Why did you leave me…I thought we were so happy. I miss you…

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 3

SETTING: GEOFFREY’S house.

AT RISE: Each toy now has the appearance of a guest in the party except Mae who is absent.

RAY:

I hate parties.

CATHY:

Well, you’re just going to have to live with it because you promised to take me and you’re not getting out of it so easily.

(CATHY latches onto RAY’S arm and drags him over to the refreshments table)

SOPHIE:

(dragging NAT around) Look, look, it’s Delilah!

DELILAH:

(noticing NAT and SOPHIE)

Oh my gosh! You guys are here!

(losing enthusiasm)

Here meet Ray and Cathy,(to RAY and CATHY) they just moved across the hall.

(DELILAH moves to sit on the couch sluggishly.)

RAY:

Hello.

CATHY:

Hi! I haven’t seen you two around before are you new? Or did I just always pass you and never notice. I do that sometimes. I’ll be walking around thinking about how pretty the sky is and--schoom! Right past Ray(she laughs loudly) oh my I swear I would have run into so many lampposts if Ray weren’t around to pull me out of the way (sighs happily) that’s how we met.

(CATHY grabs RAY’S arm again)

I was this close to going bam! Right into the post again when Ray pulled me out of the way. He didn’t say anything, of course, so I asked him out and we’ve been together ever since!

NAT:

Erm, how long have you two been together?

CATHY:

Two weeks! (beams)

RAY:

(grunts)

(the doorbell rings and GEOFFREY enters to open the door. CALEB enters looking flustered)

CALEB:

Where are they?

GEOFFREY:

Where are what?

CALEB:

The dolls! The crate of dolls you took from my shop this morning. Where are they?

GEOFFREY:

(pointing) Right over there.

CALEB:

(rushes over to the crate and starts rummaging through it) Where is she……where is she…where is she!

(everyone turns to watch CALEB’S frantic search but soon grow bored and go back to their own conversations)

GEOFFREY:

Caleb, what’s wrong?!

CALEB:

(noticing GEOFFREY)

erm…(coughs) well there was a…um…oh! There was a doll that I had set aside for another customer and she accidentally got mixed in with the ones for your party (coughs) yeah I just really need to get her back…

GEOFFREY:

Riiiiight…well all of the dolls I took are in that box. I haven’t given any away yet.

CALEB:

Are you sure? Did you notice a Chinese princess type doll with a kimono and red painted lips?

GEOFFREY:

(thinks) No, I don’t remember seeing that one…

CALEB:

(collapses onto the couch next to DELILAH)

Great, just…great…

GEOFFREY:

If it’s that important to you I’ll go out and buy another one for you, I’m sure they won’t be able to tell the difference.

(CALEB just sinks lower into the couch)

Well what about-

(GEOFFREY is interrupted by the opening of a door and a loud voice proclaiming)

MAE:

Hello, fellow creatures!

(everyone stands stunned for a minute and turn their eyes to GEOFFREY who has become speechless)

MAE:

(moving to stand next to GEOFFREY not noticing CALEB who is becoming more and more agitated)

Hello!

CALEB:

(stands up and grabs Mae to move her away from the party) What are you doing?!

MAE:

Caleb!

(laughs nervously)

What do you mean what am I doing?

CALEB:

You know you’re not allowed to leave the store, let alone be seen by other people!

MAE:

But I just wanted to meet someone new…

CALEB:

(sighs) How on earth did you get into the crate?

MAE:

Well, last night I saw the crate lying there in the backroom and I just plopped myself in when no one was looking…You were too busy you didn’t even notice me lying there. When the tall one came and took me to his home area I just waited until night and hid in his room. When I thought it was safe enough I came out to see what people are like…I just didn’t expect you to be here…

CALEB:

You know I need to take you home now.

MAE:

Can’t I just stay for one night?

CALEB:

(breaking) Well…

MAE:

Please?! I’ll clean the toy store for a month!

CALEB:

(relenting) Fine

(MAE cheers)

But you can’t tell anyone what you are! No matter what!

MAE:

Sure, sure, whatever you say.

(MAE flounces across the room to join the other what have congregated around the food tables)

CALEB:

(sits back on the couch deflated)

What am I going to do with her?

GEOFFREY:

(seeing CALEB by himself seats himself on the arm next to him)

Lover’s spat?

(CALEB glares)

Oh come on old chap, you mustn’t let this get you down. (GEOFFREY puts his arm around CALEB’S shoulders)

There’s still plenty of fish in the sea.

CALEB:

(groaning) It wasn’t a lovers spat, she’s just…someone who asked for a job. I decided to give her a trial run , but she left early and I didn’t know where she had gone.

GEOFFREY:

If that’s the case what was the deal with the whole “crazed mad man lets attack a crate” thing earlier?

CALEB:

Erm, well yes, you see about the misplaced doll I figured maybe she put it somewhere and decided to check out the crate I had lent you incase she had accidentally put it in there. You know how I get sometimes. (grins sheepishly)

GEOFFREY:

Should have known only something to do with your toy store would get you riled up. That’s your whole problem. You can’t see past the rows of dusty bookshelves and vacant eyes. I’m surprised Julia didn’t leave sooner.

(GEOFFREY appears shocked by what he said and CALEB just glares sullenly at the floor)

Caleb I’m so sorry. I didn’t mean-

CALEB:

No, no Geoffrey. It’s alright. What you said was true. I was constantly working late hours, I was rarely home. She should have left me earlier than she did.

GEOFFREY:

Caleb. I shouldn’t’ve said that. It’s none of my business. I remember the day you came to my house and told me she was gone. I remember exactly what you looked like and I promised myself I would never let that happen to you again. No one deserves that sort of pain.

(CALEB quiets and slowly stands up)

CALEB:

(quietly)

Thanks, Geoff, but I think I’m going to head home. (walks to the door)

GEOFFREY:

Caleb…be safe…

(CALEB nods and exits)

(GEOFFREY sighs and walks over to the group of people)

So how is everyone this night?

MAE:

Perfect! These humans are so interesting!

NAT:

This chick is tripping, where’d you find her?

GEOFFREY:

She’s one of Caleb’s friends. He invited her to come.

SOPHIE:

Really? Where is he?

GEOFFREY:

He…had to go home. He wasn’t feeling well.

MAE:

What? What’s the matter with him?

GEOFFREY:

He just…needed to go.

MAE:

But, but!

(she rushes to the door and looks out for CALEB)

I don’t know how to get home!

RAY:

What?

CATHY:

Why would you need him to get you home, I thought you came after him?

MAE:

Well, erm, I just moved here…yes! I just moved here and I had counted on Caleb taking me home, yes that works.

Geoffrey:

Oh, well, where do you live? I can probably give you a ride? (he moves to the coat rack and grabs his coat)

Mae:

No, that’s no problem I can find my own way home, it’s no trouble.

Geoffrey:

It’s alright if Caleb was taking you home it can’t be that far from his store.

Mae:

Maybe closer than you think.

(MAE and GEOFFREY exit)

Sophie:

Well, what are we supposed to do now?

Nat:

Eat?

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 4

SETTING:A toy store wall-to-wall with shelves and a desk off to the side.

AT RISE:The toys are arranged in various positions throughout the store. MAE enters still speaking to GEOFFREY.

MAE:

Thank you for taking me home Geoffrey, but I can take it from here.

GEOFFREY:

(entering)

It’s no problem Mae, plus I wanted to check on Caleb. I said something earlier and I just wanted to see if he was alright.

MAE:

(sighs) Alright, just let me check everything out and I can head home. I know my way from the toy store better than any other way.

GEOFFREY:

Caleb.

(looks around the store)

Caleb, are you asleep in here somewhere? What are these dolls doing laying about?

(starts staring at DOMINICK who is sprawled across the desk) Things around here are really getting dirty if he’s allowing toys to just be strewn about every which way.

(He starts to move close to DOMINICK)

Wow, these dolls are really getting like-like. I could even swear it was breathing.

DOMINICK:

Wha…Caleb?

GEOFFREY:

(shouts)Giant flying monkies, it’s alive!

DOMINICK:

What?

CALEB:

(rushes in)

What’s going on? Geoffrey? Why are you in here?

(at the shouts all of the other dolls wake up and notice Geoffrey)

GEOFFREY:

Wha…Wha…They’re all moving. Dolls can’t move! Caleb, why are they moving?!

CALEB:

Geoffrey. Geoffrey calm down. Calm down. Come over here, sit down.

(All of the toys have hidden behind shelves)

Geoffrey okay you need to never ever tell anyone about this. (the toys becoming braver start to come out)

BELLA:

Oh, look at his hair it’s so shiny.

LANCE:

Seems a bit skinny.

TINA:

I’ve never seen one like this before he’s so squishy.

DOMINICK:

Haha did you see his face?! Oh, shiny shoes…

ZEL:

He’s comfy (yawns)

GEOFFREY:

(quietly) Caleb…

CALEB:

(laughs softly)Okay guys, leave him alone.

(CALEB starts pulling the toys off of GEOFFREY)

BELLA:

He’s so pretty though…

TINA:

Can’t we play some more? We rarely see anyone but you.

LANCE:

(grunts) Skinny…

DOMINICK:

I want his shoes.

ZEL:

(has fallen asleep on GEOFFREY)

CALEB:

(laughs) No, now off.

(pulls ZEL off of GEOFFREY and puts her in his desk chair) Sorry Geoff, but now do you understand why I’m always so late for everything?

GEOFFREY:

(still shocked) I guess….I feel sorry for your employees…

CALEB:

Oh crap, Mae!

(CALEB starts rummaging around in his desk)

I totally forgot about her. I can’t believe I was so stupid to leave her at your party! How could I leave her!

GEOFFREY:

Caleb. Caleb. Caleb! It’s okay I gave her a ride back to your store.

CALEB:

Oh, well that’s a relief. Mae, where are you?

MAE:

(softly hiding behind a shelf) Here…

CALEB:

Well then come here. Geoffrey knows.

GEOFFREY:

Knows? Knows what? You don’t mean-

MAE:

Yes, I’m a doll.

GEOFFREY:

Well, damn. Guess I’m never going to get a date now.

CALEB:

(laughs) Don’t worry old chap, you’ll find a fish someday.

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 5

SETTING:A toy store wall-to-wall with shelves and a desk off to the side.

AT RISE:A few days later. It is day out.

GEOFFREY:

Okay, okay. Let me get this straight. A box showed up on your doorstep.

CALEB:

(slumped on his desk) Yup…

GEOFFREY:

(speaking as if CALEB hadn’t spoken)

You don’t know where it came from and all of a sudden the toys in the box started moving at night?

CALEB:

Yes Geoffrey. We’ve been through this a hundred times.

GEOFFREY:

I know, but it’s still pretty hard to believe.

CALEB:

(groans and stands up)

Geoff, you saw them, you talked to them, you touched them! Tell me that wasn’t real.

GEOFFREY:

(groans and collapses in CALEB’S seat)

I know, it’s just hard to think that I almost fell in love with a doll. (sighs)

Well, then my dear old toy keeper. What on earth are you going to do with them?

CALEB:

Do with them? Nothing, they’re going to stay in my shop until I die.

GEOFFREY:

Well, that’s not very nice. You need to at least let them live a little. I know they’re only made of stuffing and wood, but at least they can enjoy life while they have it.

CALEB:

Geoffrey, you know what people would to them if-

GEOFFREY:

Yeah, yeah. Experiments, havoc, blah blah blah. That doesn’t give you the right to just lock them up as if they were animals-

CALEB:

(warning) Geoffrey.

GEOFFREY:

They deserve to be let out every once in awhile.

CALEB:

(menacing) Geoffrey, drop it.

GEOFFREY:

(sighs dejectedly) Just think about it, alright?

CALEB:

(sighs) Alright.

GEOFFREY:

Anyways when did you get this lovely piece of porcelain? (GEOFFREY motions towards the ballerina that has now been placed on a shelf about CALEB’S desk)

CALEB:

I don’t know it came in a package just like the other toys. I thought it might move also but it just stays in that position.

GEOFFREY:

(examining the figure)

It looks so much like Julia.

CALEB:

(pained) I know…

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 6

SETTING: The toy store at night.

AT RISE: Dominick is sitting in the dark lounging around singing.

DOMINICK

(singing)

I’m a meow. You’re a meow. Ev’rybody’s a meow meow.

(JULIA enters while DOMINICK is singing and knocks over a toy)

Wah? Who’s there? Ballerina lady?

JULIA

Oh, no, no, no. Don’t tell Caleb I’m here. I’m not supposed to move. I just got so fed up with the shelf that I had to move. I didn’t think anyone was still awake. I forgot you were all nocturnal. You especially.

DOMINICK

What?

JULIA

(sighs)

Just promise you won’t tell Caleb I moved. Please?

DOMINICK

Caleb? Why would it matter to Caleb? He already knows that the rest of us toys move.

JULIA

Yes, I know, but I don’t want him to know I can move.

DOMINICK

Why not?

JULIA

It’s not time yet.

DOMINICK

Time? You ballerina chicks were always stuck on that “tempo” thing.

JULIA

Dominick. Promise.

DOMINICK

Fine, fine. I won’t tell Caleb until it’s “time”.

JULIA

Thank you.

(exits)

DOMINICK

And I meow meow meow-meow meow meow.

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 7

SETTING:The toy store.

AT RISE:The next morning. Geoffrey and Caleb are fighting.

CALEB

Geoffrey, drop it.

GEOFFREY

Come on Caleb. Just think about it. If we create a show for kids than no one will think of it as anything but a group of people dressed up to entertain children.

CALEB

I won’t expose them to that. What if people found out the truth?

GEOFFREY

You’re not doing any better than them by keeping them cooped up in here with nothing to do but clean your shop!

CALEB

Geoffrey! They are not yours and you will not tell me what to do!

GEOFFREY

They’re not yours either! If they are as alive and intelligent as you make them out to be then they should be their own keepers and should be allowed to make their own decisions!

CALEB

Geoffrey. I am not going to put them on a children’s show and that’s it.

(exits)

GEOFFREY

You’re not doing them any favors! I’m going to give them the lives they were created for.

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 8

SETTING:The toy store.

AT RISE:That night. Geoffrey is surrounded by the toys.

GEOFFREY

Okay. What do you guys think?

DOMINICK

A children’s show…

GEOFFREY

Yep.

MAE

Where we would be the main characters?

GEOFFREY

Mmhmm

TINA

Would have total freedom?

GEOFFREY

Absolutely.

BELLA

And would be able to be ourselves…

GEOFFREY

Clothes and everything.

LANCE

Food?

GEOFFREY

All-you-can-eat.

ZEL

A couch?

GEOFFREY

The softest I can find.

DOMINICK

And we wouldn’t have to worry about our identities being discovered?

GEOFFREY

Total secrecy.

DOMINICK

Well then. All right. You have a deal.

GEOFFREY

Fantastic.

Scene 9

SETTING:The toy store.

AT RISE:That same night. Caleb is rushing about the store frantically searching.

CALEB

Dominick? Lance? Mae? Where are you guys? Wait. No. Geoffrey you didn’t! Bella! Zel! Come on you guys this isn’t funny! I promise I’ll bring you more snacks! A new pillow? A better scratching post? Come on. No, no, no.

JULIA

(enters)

Caleb, be calm.

CALEB

Julia?

JULIA

Hi…

CALEB

What are you doing here?

JULIA

I’ve always been here.

CALEB

The figurine…

JULIA

Yes. I’m sorry I didn’t come out sooner. I just wasn’t allowed to. The man who captured me forced me to retain this form but I saw you in so much anguish that I couldn’t bear it.

CALEB

Capture you? What are you talking about?

JULIA

Caleb. I’ve always been a toy. I’ve just been closer to human which allowed me to stay in human form longer than the others. I never wanted to leave you but the man I escaped from found me and stole me back. He saw how in love with you I was and as another way to punish me sent me back to you, not allowing me to change, forced to just sit and watch.

CALEB

Julia…

JULIA

I’ve missed you so much.

CALEB

Why now?

JULIA

The man who captured me is about to steal all of the other toys and perform experiments on them.

CALEB

What? But Geoffrey just convinced them all to join this stupid children’s show.

JULIA

Geoffrey is my captor.

CALEB

What? What are you talking about? Geoffrey’s my friend.

JULIA

He followed me to you and as a final way to get back at me gained you as a friend.

CALEB

No, no, no. That can’t be right. Geoffrey’s been with me since I met you. He didn’t even know the toys existed. He-he almost fell for Mae!

JULIA

Caleb, you must listen to me. Geoffrey has been there the whole time pulling the strings. He found me by befriending you. Why on earth would he need a case of dolls for a party? He was hoping that one of them would be tempted to venture out and then used that to gain access to all of them. Caleb, you need to understand that he was never your friend. Please believe me.

CALEB

I don’t know what to believe. And don’t you dare say anything else. Geoffrey may be who you say he is but he was with me through everything and helped me get out of the depression that you left. You don’t know how much you hurt me when you left Julia. I wasn’t the same person. I’m still not.

JULIA

You don’t think the same thing happened to me? You were everything to me and then he ripped me away from you and then forced me to watch you, day after day and not even allowed to touch you or even say hello. Be forced to go through all of that and tell me you have sympathy for that man who uses his power for making other people miserable.

CALEB

Julia…I’m sorry.

JULIA

I missed you.

(sighs)

I’d love to stay this way forever but if we don’t save your toys they’ll be trapped under his spell forever.

CALEB

I think we better get you some less conspicuous clothes.

JULIA

What? Ashamed to be seen with a ballerina chick? (smirks)

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 10

SETTING:Set of a TV show in a warehouse. There are moveable shelves and scenery scattered everywhere.

AT RISE:All of the toys are moving the scenery about.

GEOFFREY

Come on. Move faster.

DOMINICK

You know, I thought we were supposed to be the stars?

GEOFFREY

You won’t be if you don’t stop complaining. Now move that over there.

DOMINICK

Yeah, yeah whatever you say Mr. Hyde.

MAE

Geoffrey, what’s wrong? We’re moving as fast as we can. It won’t matter if we’re a few minutes late.

GEOFFREY

Yes it will, now move!

LANCE

Prick.

(CALEB and JULIA enter and hide behind a piece of scenery)

JULIA

Now what do we do?

CALEB

Okay, I’ll jump him, while you try and get the toys out the back. We’ll do it whenever he turns his back towards me, okay?

JULIA

Alright.

GEOFFREY

No, no, no you stupid faerie, over there.

(GEOFFREY strikes BELLA)

CALEB

Ragh!

(CALEB jumps on GEOFFREY’S back)

JULIA

Come on everyone. We have to get out of here quickly.

DOMINICK

Who’re you?

JULIA

It doesn’t matter just know that Geoffrey will hurt you if you stay here.

DOMINICK

Okay everyone quick as you can. Tina, go get Zel. Lance help Bella. Come on, move it!

TINA

Come on, Zel.

BELLA

I’m sorry Lance.

LANCE

It’s not your fault Bell. It’s that b******s.

(Everyone exits but CALEB and GEOFFREY who are still fighting)

GEOFFREY

Come on Caleb, give it up. You wouldn’t hurt your best friend would you?

CALEB

Shut up. My best friend wouldn’t kidnap the woman I love and then try to do the same with my friends.

GEOFFREY

Ah, but see? They are not your toys. Who do you think sent them to you all those years ago? Oh, poor little boy left by the only woman he ever loved to fend for himself when all of a sudden these magical toys just happened to appear on your doorstep? It was me you stupid human! I wanted to see if the elusive creatures that never woke for me would come alive for a lowly human and you just happened to be the one that dear Julia chose for herself. If one toy was that stupid I figured the others would be. If you think you’re special in any sort of way than you are seriously disillusioned and were only a pawn in my plan.

CALEB

Who are you?

GEOFFREY

Delacroix Lionstaff, the black-hearted. I’ve been trying to get these creatures to come alive for years. I experimented on the ballerina so much that she gained humanity and can’t return to her toy state unless forced to with magic. She became useless to me so I started on the princess until she became so lethargic that she too became useless. That was when the ballerina broke my spell and escaped. When I finally tracked her down she had attached herself to you and I figured I could try another experiment with you which became masterfully ingenious of me.

CALEB

You…you b*****d!

GEOFFREY

That’s me. And now it’s time for you to go away.

(JULIA enters and pushes a shelf onto GEOFFREY)

JULIA

Caleb, run!

CALEB

Not without you!

(They both exit)

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF SCENE)

Scene 11

SETTING:A toy store.

AT RISE: Even later that night all of the toys are bunched around both CALEB and JULIA.

DOMINICK

Okay, okay. Let me get this straight. You’re a toy.

JULIA

Yes.

DOMINICK

But, you’re human.

JULIA

That’s right.

DOMINICK

How is that possible?

JULIA

Delacroix.

DOMINICK

Huh?

JULIA

Sorry, Geoffrey, used so much magic on me that I became saturated with life which allows me to keep this shape unless forced by stronger magic to revert back to my ballerina figure. That’s how Del-Geoffrey recaptured me.

DOMINICK

Okay.

MAE

And now you’re in love with Caleb?

JULIA

I was always in love with him. I will always be in love with him.

ZEL

It’s good to have you back, darling.

JULIA

And you too. I wish I could undo what his magic did to you.

ZEL

Oh, posh. It’s no (yawns) consequence of mine if I’m a bit sleepier nowadays. It gives me more time for my beauty sleep. (winks)

DOMINICK

(lowly) She needs it.

(ZEL smacks DOMINICK)

TINA

Okay, so now what?

LANCE

Sleep.

BELLA

Yes, please. I’ve had enough excitement to last me a hundred nights.

DOMINICK

(snorts) That won’t last long.

(BELLA smacks DOMINICK. TINA, LANCE and BELLA exit)

What is with all of the abuse?!

MAE

Just go Dom. I think they need a bit of alone time.

DOMINICK

(sighs) Fine. Keep it PG you two!

(MAE smacks DOMINICK)

Abuse!

(MAE and DOMINICK exit)

CALEB

(not paying attention)

God, how I’ve missed you.

JULIA

Hopefully you’ll never have to miss me again.

CALEB

Do you think he’s gone?

JULIA

As gone as Delacroix can get.

CALEB

(sighs) I don’t want to lose you again.

JULIA

I won’t allow him to take me again. All of those days sitting having to watch him perform magic I’ve picked up a few tricks.

CALEB

Well, that’s good I guess..

JULIA

(grins devilishly)

Very good.

(BLACKOUT)

(END OF PLAY)

© 2008 Amorelle


Author's Note

Amorelle
This is just basically something that I made for my theatre class. Everyone was asked to write a one-act play and this is what I came up with.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like it. There are a few errors where you omitted letters or words or where you added a word.

Like The Just go to be Dom I think you ment go be Dom, but nothing real major that I could find.

Continue practicing, and I would just like to let you know that your better at it then I'll ever be, no matter how hard I practice. I never seem to be able to write more than " hi" "hi" "Sup" "Notin much" and nothing more... lol. Continue writing!!!!


FIF

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.



FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Reviews

that was really good. not many stage plays here i liked it

Posted 15 Years Ago


I like it. There are a few errors where you omitted letters or words or where you added a word.

Like The Just go to be Dom I think you ment go be Dom, but nothing real major that I could find.

Continue practicing, and I would just like to let you know that your better at it then I'll ever be, no matter how hard I practice. I never seem to be able to write more than " hi" "hi" "Sup" "Notin much" and nothing more... lol. Continue writing!!!!


FIF

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You did an excellent job. You should consider sending your work to a few production companies.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I loved this. I think you did a great job on it!
There's not many stage plays or screenplays on this site.
I thought it was one of the best.

T.S.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

i'm writing a screenplay i think your's is wonderful check out mine please

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

256 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 31, 2008
Last Updated on July 31, 2008

Author

Amorelle
Amorelle

Robstown, TX



About
I like shiny things. more..

Writing
Ghost Ghost

A Story by Amorelle


Faces Faces

A Poem by Amorelle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..