Family Tradition

Family Tradition

A Story by Firequeen
"

This is an old short story I wrote about my fondest memory I have of my late grandfather. I wrote this shortly after his passing. Love you grandpa

"
A grandfather and his little Granddaughter home from the grocery store.
He Carry's in the bags and she helps put them away.
Then this pair does what they do every Saturday after shopping.
They open a package of Red hot dogs.
The Grandfather grabs two Red hot dogs out of the package and he walks into the living room and sits in his favorite chair. The little girl in tow, she climbs up onto his lap. He hands her One of the red hot dogs and turns on the TV and there they sit watching TV and munching on raw Red hot dogs.
So many years later this little girl not so little anymore gets a call in the early hours from her father who rarely called her and immediately she knew something was wrong.
He says "I have sad news" and then asks her to please sit down. Then she knows its worse then she thought. When the words "your Grandfather has passed" ring into her ears she sits there and cant believe what she just heard. for a while she sat there swimming in her own thoughts and tears.She asks her father how and if he suffered and when all details are told she hangs up the phone.
That Saturday while grocery shopping she goes to pick up one of her kids favorite treats, why hot dogs of course and she looks through the brands she notices something new. Red hot dogs just like her Grandpa use to buy.
She goes home, brings the groceries in and puts them away then heads for the fridge grabs the package of Red hot dogs and opens them up. She grabs two of the Red hot dogs and then puts them away.
She sits on the couch next to her six year old daughter and hands her the Red hot dog. Her daughter looks at her and says "but Mommy you said its bad to eat them raw"?
She looks down and say "No worries its a Family Tradition".

© 2011 Firequeen


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Schucks, that made me cry!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 14, 2011
Last Updated on June 14, 2011

Author

Firequeen
Firequeen

NY



About
There isn't much to say about me. I am who I am. I am one of those people either you like me and you get me or you don't! I am finally comfortable in my own skin. which is truly nice since i have i.. more..

Writing
Suffer Suffer

A Poem by Firequeen


1 1

A Chapter by Firequeen


2 2

A Chapter by Firequeen