Sammie's Crazy Nuts

Sammie's Crazy Nuts

A Story by Firestar~Queen of Darkness
"

children story

"

                  ( FINISHED  Part One)

                    (CHILDREN STORY)

 

Sammie’s

                Crazy Nuts

          Written By;

                      Firestar

 

 

These books are dedicated to the parent’s of Autistic children, they life is not easy with these wonderful and special children. So please remember them in prayers and hug your child each night and be thankful for them. They are special gifts from god.

            For Dianne and Pete, who are two wonderful parents of Autistic children?

            Before judging the parents’ or worst hating or judging the children, I would like all the others to step into their parents’ shoes or the children than ponder on what if, this was your child.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Little Sammie was a boy that many children made fun of at the play yard, he had gotten to where he refuse to go out to play anymore, he just sat in the window watching all the other children play about the yards and riding bikes in the road in front or about his mother house.

 

 

He wanted to be just like them, but he knew deep down he could never be. He was much different from them. He ran too slowly.

 

 

He could not grasp their words or keep up with them.

 

 

He heard his father and mother talk to the doctor about him.

            What was autistic?

 

 

           

Did it mean he was to always be seen as nobody or just be passed by?

 

 

Did it mean it would never have friends? Did it also mean he would always be alone within his hallow life within his shell of life dealt upon him?

 

 

Would not his mother and father love him any less for who he could be nor what they wanted him to be?

 

 

            Sammie wonder if this was his fault because he was born this way, his mind was lost within a trap a life, but his heart and soul loved his mother and father, how he wished he could tell them, but could not find the words to tell them.

 

 

            Sammie wanted just to be like all the others outside playing and running about with the other children or parents, but he could not under stand why no one wanted to be around him.

 

 

            He sits there watching and crying silently to his hidden pain that could not be told.

 

 

            He knew his speech was a not there to talk too others and his got upset easily over little things, but was that any reason to hate him or cast him off like a deadly plague?

 

 

            Did all people see him as nothing? Would anyone ever be his friend, even with all his problems?

 

 

            Why couldn’t the children like him or play with him?

 

 

            Why did people run off their children in fear of him being around them?

 

 

            What was so wrong with him where no one would not reach out too him?

 

 

            Why was he so different from the others?

 

 

            Could he not be like the others?

 

 

At five years old, Sammie was not sure what the world held for him, but he sit there in the same window seat each day staring out at the children playing about outside, his little hands touch the window, his heart and soul wanted to play with them, but each time he tried, he was always chased away.

 

 

            Each time he was teased and called names, but he just stood lost to what the words meant. He was not sure how to feel about them, all he wanted was to play with the other children, who refuse or was taken away from like he was a beast from a horror movie.

 

 

His mother hides her tears and held up like a brace soldier upon the battlefield, she would always be here for him, even if no one else was. How she wanted him to be safe and secure in life, but she just shiver to the fact, people saw him as something to fear. The parents were worst than the children with the hatred of Sammie.

 

 

            But she always saw her little boy always trying to reach out too them as a friend, but he was push away or teased.

 

 

            Even on the days, he was calm and quiet; the children would tease and pick on him, where Sammie would fly out of control over them taking his toys

away.

 

 

            The bigger kids would push and break his toys, than toss them at him calling him names, but Sammie would just get up and walk in circles and hit himself over and over again, until his mother would come to his rescue chasing the kids away.

 

 

            Now his parents keep always inside the house or backyard away form the cruel world and kids.

 

 

            Sammie hated it, he wanted friends. He wanted to play and run like the other kids.

 

 

            All he had was his special in their window.

 

 

Sammie sits there with his tears falling each day he sat there in the window the seat, each day hoping he would find someone, who want to play with him.

 

 

One day, Sammie crawled up in his seat, he looked out of the window, he saw two big boys beating something with a stick, he crawls out of the seat, he goes to the front door, and he walks over as the two boys’ runs away.

 

 

He looks down to see laying upon the ground a half alive gray squirrel, he goes down to his knees, and his little hands pick it up and carry it into the house.

 

 

He holds the little thing close to his heart, as each step his tears begins to fall.

 

 

His mother is washing clothes. He says, "Mommy, please save it. Don’t let it die."

 

 

His mother drop the laundry stuff, she turns to see her son crying over a squirrel, she falls to her knees and cries with him, she says, "You talked, Sammie."

 

 

His mother was happy, her heart was burst with life to the hear her son talk, her soul was jumping and doing flips, her mind was not sure what to say or do, but  she could not refuse her son words.

 

 

Neither she nor her husband had ever heard Sammie say a single word, but today this dying squirrel gave her son a reason to speak, she rose and said, "Come Sammie, we take it to the vet."

 

 

Sammie watches as his mother picks up a small towel to wrap his new friend up in, it was just a simple white hand towel to keep the small creature warm and safe from scratching Sammie up, if she woke up.

 

 

His mother knew this was not good by the way the gray squirrel was breathing and not moving, but she pray for her son sake the little didn’t die within his arms, she was not sure how he would take it or react to the little thing dying.

 

 

Sammie walks along side his mother to the car.

 

 

His mother opens the door to the back seat. Sammie gets in his car seat holding onto the squirrel.

 

 

His mother locks him. She closes the door and takes her cellar phone; she dials her husband phone, the phone rings.

 

 

 "What is darling?" The man says on the other end.

 

 

She begins to cry as she back out, she mumble out, "Sammie talk today. I am on my way to the vet. Meet us there."

 

 

 "Sammie did what today, darling?" Jake said in puzzlement to what his wife had just told him about their son.

 

 

 "For god sake Jake, did you not hear me? Our son talked today. I am heading to the vet now."

 

 

Jake was puzzle why today his son would say something, when he was not there to hear him, he said, "Why the vet?"

 

 

The wife cries more, she says, "He asks me to save a darn squirrel. He asked me save it. How can I refuse him after the squirrel made him speak to me?"

 

 

Jake wanted to cry too, but he rose from his desk and said, "I will meet you there."

 

 

Jake runs out of his office and shouts out for all in the office to hear, "Sammie spoke! Sammie spoke today!"

 

 

His long slender legs ran down the stairs, he could not wait for the elevator, he found new energy to run down six flights of stairs, and his son spoke today.

 

 

He could hardly wait to see his son, and hear his son speak again. He runs over to his truck. His heart is pounding to the great news. His soul bursting with hope this will not be a one time deal with Sammie talking. His mind is rolling the lots of question.

 

 

Why did Sammie talk today?

 

 

What caused Sammie to talk today?

 

 

What did his son say first?

 

 

He wonder why the squirrel made his son speak, what ever reason the little creature had touch Sammie, he was thanking god for creating squirrels.

 

 

Jake starts his car up; he pulls out like a mad dog chasing a cat that just had scratch him.

 

 

He dodges traffic like a race car driver, as he was driving he said, "Oh god thank you for the squirrels and thank you for my son, but please don’t let him stop talking."

 

 

Sammie and his mother get to the vet. They enter the building.

 

 

The lady says who was in blue dress long raven hair and blue eyes, "What is wrong with you pet, little man?" She knows Sammie will not say anything, but she is aunt always hoping for a miracle.

 

 

Sammie looks at her and says, "Save Crazy Nuts please."

 

 

His aunt hits the floor to the shock of him talking to her.

 

 

Everyone comes running out of the back. They see Sammie mother helping her sister up off the floor. All are puzzled.

 

 

Sammie’s aunt says, "He talked…..oh my god, Sammie, you talked."

 

 

Sammie walks over the vet the doctor, he holds his squirrel, and he says, "Please save my friend, Crazy Nuts."

 

 

The doctor was stunned like all the others, he reaches down to take the squirrel, he says, "Of course, I will Sammie, if you promise me. You will not stop talking to us."

 

 

Sammie stood there, he was not sure what the man meant, but he says, "I will, if you save her. I don’t want her to die. Mean boys hurt her in my yard. Save her, please."

 

 

His mother burst into tears. His aunt fell into her chair still crying. The doctor touches him and said, "You got it."

 

Sammie walks over to his mother, he says as his father walks in, "Mother, I want to wait for Crazy Nuts, can we?"

 

 

Jake stood there, he heard it, but could it be real, was that his son speaking as if he had always been speaking?

 

 

Jake walks closer to his wife and son.

 

 

Sammie pulls on his mother pants, he says, "Mother, father is here too."

 

 

Jake picks his son up into his arms, he holds him up in the air, he says, "Sammie, you talked."

 

 

Sammie smiles and says, "Crazy Nuts is hurt daddy. Mean boys hurt her."

 

 

Jake said as his body trembles and tears flow, even more too his son words, "Son, you and Crazy Nuts will never have to deal with them ever again. I promise. Crazy Nuts can stay with you forever."

 

 

 "Really daddy. Really." Sammie said as he touched his father face, but wouldn’t look into his father eyes.

 

 

Jake could careless what it meant to have a squirrel in their house, he was just thankful that his son found his way to speak.

 

 

Sammie still lived a shell of life, but for today, he found a way or reason to speak out. All that matter now to his parents, he was talking his head off.

 

 

Sammie moved about the room, he look at the door and walk more. He would walk more and look again; he looked at his aunt and parents chatting away.

 

 

Sammie looked around like he always does at home, as if this was not his world at all, he walked and looked.

 

 

Sammie hands would run over and over each other as he paced.

 

 

Clock ticking made Sammie pause, he begin to tick like the clock did.

 

 

His mother and aunt watched him with so much wonder and love, they were not sure what to think or feel about Sammie talking because a single gray squirrel found a way to release the words to get her help, but both women knew it was a blessing from God above for Sammie.

 

 

Jake was worried this was taking too long, he walks over to Sammie, he sits down and says, "Sammie, she may not live. Do you understand that son?"

 

 

 "Tick. Tick. Tick. Crazy Nuts will be okay. Tick. Tick. Tick." Sammie said as he watched the clock hands move slowly about the face of the clock.

 

 

His father was worried; he rose and said, "If it dies, what will happen to Sammie?"

 

 

His mother gasps to the reality.

 

 

His aunt rises and says, "Have faith. I don’t think god would let Crazy Nuts died, since she is the reason Sammie is talking now. I will go check on her."

 

 

Hours rolled by them.

 

 

His aunt finally comes back out, she walks over to Sammie, she leans down, "Hey Sammie, Crazy Nuts is going to be fine, but we must keep her here for a few days. Can we?"

 

 

Sammie pauses and looks at his aunt briefly, than turns away as he says, "As long as I get her back, so I can take her home with me."

 

 

 "Sure Sammie, you can have her when she heals up. I think she would love that." His aunt says as she touches his face.

 

 

Sammie goes towards the door to leave, he pause and say to his mother, "I want to see her."

 

 

His mother bends down, she says, "I think she needs to rest first, Sammie. She was in surgery a long time."

 

 

Jake asked his wife, "Who will pay for it?"

 

 

"I will." Sammie says, he walks over and bangs on the door.

 

 

The doctor comes out, he looks down at Sammie, who is reaching into his pocket, he says, "What can I do for you now, Sammie?"

 

 

Sammie pulls out several of his marbles, he says, "I like to pay for her bill with these, if you don’t mind."

 

 

Jake goes to says," Sammie…"

 

 

The doctor holds his hand up and says to Sammie, "Well that is some fine marbles there. I think this crystal clear one sums up the bill, Sammie. You can fetch her three days, okay."

 

 

            Sammie smiles and say, "Thank you for saving her. I glad we did business together. I will see you soon."

 

 

His parents smiled and wave by to the doctor.

 

 

They walked to his mother car.

 

 

The door was opened.

 

 

Sammie paused, he turns to say with his hands run over and over each other, "I must go back today and get Crazy Nuts."

 

 

 "No, Sammie, you have three days to wait."

 

 

Sammie gets into car. His mother buckle’s him up.

 

 

His mother begins to cry again, she says, "How do we tell him, he can’t keep her?"

 

 

Jake leans against his wife black car, he says, "We don’t. I will buy it a cage. Sammie keeps her. I won’t let him fall back into the darkness. He found a connection with her. I won’t break it."

 

 

His wife was not so sure about this. A squirrel was wild and untamable.

 

 

 

           

(next one is called....Crazy Nuts Comes Home)

© 2008 Firestar~Queen of Darkness


Author's Note

Firestar~Queen of Darkness
rought draft.....

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
T
As a person with an autistic child in the family, I can relate to this story. As a reading teacher who is constantly reviewing children's literature, I have to say... this does not read like a story written for a child, but more like a story written about kids, for adults. I could see this being read aloud in a workshop for teachers of children with autism. Good writing, wrong audience.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on March 25, 2008

Author

Firestar~Queen of Darkness
Firestar~Queen of Darkness

Charlottesville, VA



About
I am poet. Two-Sided Realities and Dark Kingdom are two of published poetry books. I do have novel in progress. I am single not looking for romance. I live to be alone within my shadowy darkness exist.. more..

Writing