Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Genesis

Genesis

A Story by Fish
"

A story I thought up of based on a dream I had a few days ago.

"

All was darkness, there was nothing but swirling Chaos. Then, in a sudden burst of searing heat and blinding light, Chaos birthed two others. Brothers, wise beyond experience, and beautiful beyond compare. One, garbed in white like the light they were born in. The other, garbed in red like the searing pain they felt at being created. They bore no names, as their identities were more than a single name could capture. We will call them Light and Pain.

Together, Light and Pain created a world. Pain created the core of the world, basing it on the pain of birth. Taking a part of chaos, as well as his feeling of searing heat at creation, Pain created a fireball of immense destruction. Surrounding the fireball with layer upon layer of rock cooled the fireball to the point where the world would never be too hot nor too cold. Thus Earth was born.

Light created the sun, which in turn created plant and animal life on the rocky surface of the young planet. Realizing that life needs more than light, Light created the oceans, rivers, and bottomless pools. Thus life thrived on Earth. Satisfied, Light and Pain admired their handiwork from their place in the heavens.

But even the wisest can be corrupted.

Pain, through whatever reason he built for himself, was convinced that Light was given more power than he was. Fueled by anger and spite, he confronted his brother. For years they argued, causing the peaceful planet much strife. On the horizon, dawned the age of war.

Through his anger, Light saw what was happening to their creation, and was saddened. He tried to convince his brother to stop this and show him what had been wrought. Pain was blinded by his hatred, and ignored his brother's pleas, gathering the power of his pain, he prepared to fight his brother.

Light saw this, and before Pains wrath was unleashed, Light grasped his brother's ankle and, using all his might, cast Pain to the Earth below. As Pain fell, the burning atmosphere painted his skin like coal, and burnt his maroon robe to shreds. He couldn’t stop himself from falling, and his pure wrath was released unto the Earth as a crater of incomprehensible size.

Having spent all of his energy, Pain was forced to dwell on the surface, where he still resides today. Light, realizing what he had done, wept profusely. As the final tear fell, Light accepted his brother's fate, and he stood at the boundary of the heavens, watching as the Earth grew red with his brothers anger.

To this day Pain rules the Earth, and Light rules the heavens, waiting for the day when his brother can come home.

© 2017 Fish


Author's Note

Fish
This was a dream I had, This is not a belief I am forcing on anyone, and should not be taken as such. It is only a story of creation, and the corruption of power. Thank you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

152 Views
Added on November 16, 2017
Last Updated on November 16, 2017
Tags: Religion, Mythology

Author

Fish
Fish

Moore, OK



Writing
Music Box Music Box

A Story by Fish