Halo

Halo

A Story by Flavion
"

What to do when not wanting to go to a concert that you don't actually like, yet the music is still good?

"

Ariana was a Sociology student at the Craiova State University. One day, after a band like Rammstein, or Metallica, or something Heavy Metal that makes you feel like in the Army of God, held a concert in one of the amphitheaters, it was time for the same band to do exactly the same, in the same amphitheater. The first concert, Ariana stared at the bassist and the bassist stared at her somehow, so it was important for the two to see each other again. So there she was, with her three best friends and colleagues, putting her bags on a chair at the end of the row, on the side where the stairs were.

�" Why are you putting your bags on the chair in such a hurry? Iuliana asked her.
�" Going to get a soda and smoke a cigarette, Ariana answered.
�" But the concert is about to start, Catrinel said, seeming quite desperate.
�" It won’t start now. At least not until I’m out for my cigarette.

And Ariana went out the door to look for a vending machine. In her mind, the band was already playing with the bassist there, in the same place. At the same time, it was playing how she won’t find her way back to the amphitheater, as she was never the one to find classrooms or where the classes were being held in that huge University. And Ariana got lost, once again, on the University’s halls, hurriedly looking either for a vending machine or the amphitheater, but not being able to find any. And in her mind, the band was playing, whereas the band was just singing there, with its bassist. Since this search was seemingly happening for hours now, time in which Ariana was seeing students and hallways of all faculties, she decided to finally knock on a door and ask a teacher where the amphitheater with the concert was. It was pointless to ask one of the students, as all of them were minding their own business and didn’t care about any concert whatsoever. She knocked on one of the big doors, the door to a smaller amphitheater and entered. A young teacher was at the desk, and the classroom was full.

�" Yes. How can I help, the teacher asked Ariana smiling.
�" Hello. Excuse me. I’m looking for the amphitheater with the concert, she answered.

The teacher was smiling all the time, with his small and innocent lips, just like hers. She was wearing a mini skirt, a skirt like those they wear on uniforms in British schools.

�" Just a minute. I will take you to the amphitheater, the young teacher said.
�" Thank you very much, she answered and sat there waiting for something to happen.
�" Can someone tell me who could be the society’s business leaders? the teacher asked the classroom.

One fat kid answered:

�" Business school graduates.

Ariana jumped into the conversation, talking straight to the kid and smiling:

�" Yes. And entrepreneurs, people who have worked in shops.

The fat kid smiled at her back, whereas the teacher answered them both:

�" Indeed.
�" What faculty is this? Ariana asked.
�" Sociology, the teacher answered.
�" I graduated here two years back. Now I’m studying Law.
�" Nice. Let me show you the way to the concert now. The students can wait.

The teacher was new, but Ariana didn’t know that. Walking the stairs together and all the time talking, gossiping other teachers, they even kissed once or twice. Ariana’s mind was at her luggage sitting there on the chair, sometimes at the bassist as well. They ended up taking the stairs to the garden, where three students were going inside The University through another door. The teacher decided to finally take a sit on the bench, as he was very tired. He said:

�" I suppose you will have to get to the concert all alone.
�" What’s your name? she asked.
�" Adi.

And then, with sadness in his eyes, he continued:

�" Adi who wears the Sun in his a*s.

Ariana’s mind continued to follow the backpack.

© 2021 Flavion


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

30 Views
Added on September 30, 2021
Last Updated on September 30, 2021
Tags: short story, Romania, comedy

Author

Flavion
Flavion

Branesti, Gorj, Romania



About
The Wacky Quill is a born, raised, and educated in Romania storyteller who floats around to witness things and make a big deal out of them on “paper.” Please don’t mistake “.. more..