The Craziest Thing Ever I've Ever Conceived

The Craziest Thing Ever I've Ever Conceived

A Story by Flying Fox

I have a dream of some day making movies, either as a director or as a writer. Because of this I have several ideas for movies floating in my head that I very often neglect to write down because I'm lazy. This is one of those ideas.
I have also never done drugs, I don't drink, and the most Dr. Peppers I can remember drinking in one day is about 3, which I'm only telling you so you can understand that I came up with this on my own mind with little help from mind-altering substances.
So anyway,the story is about two guys who are abducted by aliens, learn that they are to destroy the world in 3 days, and join forces with two MIB type agents and the military to fight them.
It's also a comedy titled Alien Invasion: The Animated Musical. Maybe I should have started with that.
The two guys in question are college slackers who love music, the agents are the only ones in their field and aren't being taken seriously at all, the military are way too excited at the prospect of fighting aliens, and the aliens themselves... well, the backstory is that when they landed in Roswell, they left a device that played music that eventually gave birth to Rock n' Roll, therefore giving them a sort of odd God-complex about having given an art to the human race, and are planning to destroy the world because they consider the music of today to be a blasphemy to what they have given.
And their leader looks like a green-skinned Freddie Mercury.
In short, this is a parody that pokes fun at alien invasion movies, and B-movies in general, modern music, and the book Chariot of the Gods (and by extension, the TV show Ancient Aliens). As a musical, the music would be done within the style of 80's power ballads and rock opera, hence the alien leader looking like the lead singer of Queen. Granted, I know it doesn't really make sense that the aliens would arrive in the 1950s to give music that sounds close to what it does in the 80s in a modern day setting, but this seems like the kind of movie you can get away with that.
Going from that, the animation style would be in a 2D hand-drawn style as opposed to computer animated to better reflect that feeling and aesthetic (and because 2D needs to come back). As for the style, I would say "80s-esque", but that's kinda vague. However, after watching Kill la Kill, I can just point to that and say "that same look and style, but not an anime."
As for how I came up with this, I have no idea. The best I can figure is that I was thinking to myself "a movie so unbelievably dumb and insane that people will go and see it just to see it solely out of curiousity." Again, that is the best I can figure.
So, yeah, nothing I've come up with is that weird, or so perfect a combination of stuff my dad will probably hate.

© 2015 Flying Fox


Author's Note

Flying Fox
Just say what you think about this idea. I'm curious.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

261 Views
Added on June 25, 2015
Last Updated on June 25, 2015
Tags: monologue, movies, insane