Over it. Over You.

Over it. Over You.

A Story by FocusedAmnesia
"

Don't dwell on a crush, because that's all it is, a crush.

"
It hurt, to watch him walk by. She didn't understand his actions. For months, he said 'hi' to her everyday, would stop her to chat, and was always watching her. She didn't really get it; why he wanted to always know what she was up to, but everyone else did. The two were basically a couple, and were constantly teased about it. Over time, she began to notice it; how jealous he would get when she mentioned her male friends, or going out of state for the weekend. Then, she was used to it, talking to him everyday, flirting, joking around.

And then, it all stopped.

His girlfriend showed up. Now, he wasn't talking to anyone without a Y chromosome. She played it off as 'whatever', but now it was bothering her. She hadn't realized just how much she had liked him.

"I don't understand why he's with her," Billie stated.
"You should hear the way she talks to him," Elle added.
She sighed, annoyed that everyone kept talking about it. "Well, it's his choice."
"I just don't get it." Billie shook her head. "You're so much prettier than she is."

She only shrugged. Looks wasn't everything. Though, she also didn't understand why any guy would be with a girl like that. She was a horrible person to work with; always expecting others to reach items for her, never saying please or thank you when needing help.

"Hailey!"
"Hmm..." She lifted her head.
"I've been talking to you," Billie scolded, "You were off in la-la-land again."
"Sorry."
"As I was saying, we should go out tonight."
Hailey shrugged, "Sure. Where do you want to go?"

He walked by, momentarily distracting her as she tried not to watch him walk by. Though, she had noticed that he slowed down, glancing over at them. She began to wonder why when she felt something hit her in the head, making her jump, and look toward the thrower.

Billie pointed her index finger at her, shaking it, "If you space out on me one more time, I will smack you."
"Sorry," she repeated.
"I have this friend, Andy, and I think--"
"No, Billie," Hailey sighed, "Do not set me up."
"Just listen!" Billie smacked her friend in the arm lightly. "It's not a set up. He's in town for the weekend. He goes to college a few towns over. It'll be a group thing, but I think you and Andy will hit it off. I didn't 'set you up' with him, but he knows you're coming."
"Why did you bother asking me if I wanted to go out, when you already had everything planned?"
"Um, duh, I was being polite."
Hailey laughed, forgetting all about him. "You, polite? I'm shocked."

***********

It was couple days later. Hailey admitted to Billie that she and Andy did hit it off, though they were just talking, getting to know each other, and to her surprise, she had been all smiles. Things were going smoothly, and she was happy than she had been in a while. She was enjoying every minute of it.

"Hey," he spoke, making her stop.
"Hi," she replied, confusion in her voice.
"What's up?"
She tensed up. "Why are you talking to me now?"
"I broke up with my girlfriend."
"Oh," she nodded, "Congratulations."
"Yeah," he chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck.
"Look, I've said this before, I don't play this game. You either talk to me all the time, or not at all."
He nodded, "I remember." He paused, looking around at nothing. "I, uh, I want to talk to you. Kelly didn't like me talking to girls."
Hailey scoffed. "I know. You and her break up almost once a month over stupid things like that."
"Well, we're broken up now--"
She cut him off, "So you can talk to me now? I'm not getting into this. You shouldn't have flirted with me if you weren't over her. I didn't make you choose me over her, and I didn't tell her that you liked me for a quarter of the time you were dating her."
"I still like you," he informed her.
"Yeah," she looked him in the eye, "Well, I'm not waiting around for you."

© 2011 FocusedAmnesia


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really liked this piece. I must say it was AWESOME! I like how she did something- most people can't do. Get over there crushes so easily. I love it, I really love it. I mean like LOVED it.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This, is, truly amazin. I must admit I don't read very often...having said that, this is one of the best things I've ever read. Beats lord of the rings atleast. Incredible honesty and reality, especially in dialogue. I applaud you. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

242 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 19, 2010
Last Updated on January 9, 2011
Tags: Him, Girlfriend, Friends, Love

Author

FocusedAmnesia
FocusedAmnesia

NJ



About
Feel free to chat, send requests, and/or keep me company:] more..

Writing
Whole Whole

A Poem by FocusedAmnesia