Writers Block

Writers Block

A Poem by Forgotten

What can you do when the world seems to push against you?

When the passion of your life can no longer be put out in words,

Pressing down on you with a force you cannot feel or see,

 

Your mind is your only obstacle,

The doors of this ancient ruin shut tight,

hiding all the knowledge and inspiration behind,

What do you do when writers block strikes?

© 2012 Forgotten


Author's Note

Forgotten
Ive gone back into writes block once more and i thought id write down how it feels to not be able to write

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nice even writers block can be its own inspiration; nice job. You're also right writer stinks as the inspiration you have all around you can never reach you. Well done and keep up the excellent work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow, i like this one, absolutely hits the right message of how it feels to have writers block, great job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"Your mind is your only obstacle," Damn right it is!
A worthy read, if you ask me. Thank you for the read :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


I go to the dictionary. Find 20 strong words. Go to the masters of Poetry. Find a few lines to spark the energy to write. Music can give me energy to write also. A Leonard Cohen, Neil Young or a Jim Morrison can make me open the mind and write. I never force words. I read some good poetry and hope for some positive motivation. Thank you for the poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


Just write and write whatever comes to me..Sometimes the best work can strike at writer's block surprisingly because of the conscious effort to write..Your semi philosophic, semi frustration expressing write touched me..Good job..

Posted 13 Years Ago


Great! I love it :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


which ended up turning out fabulous, what a woderful idea useing the thing stoping you from writing as insperation.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

310 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 18, 2011
Last Updated on October 21, 2012

Author

Forgotten
Forgotten

Gloucestershire, Stroud, United Kingdom



About
My real name is John-Paul Crawford, I do voluntary work at Stroud FM and hopefully after my training will be allowed my own slot on air. Writing takes up most of my time, I'm always trying to better m.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Wings Wings

A Poem by Anonymous